• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bedding for sore hocks

I tried vetbed and she eats it doh! Straw causes eye problems for them so cant use that, at the moment i use soft hay and loads of it but i dont think its helping as they arent improving at all :( I may get some flamazine cream and see if this helps, has anyone used it?

I tried vetbed and she eats it doh! Straw causes eye problems for them so cant use that, at the moment i use soft hay and loads of it but i dont think its helping as they arent improving at all :( I may get some flamazine cream and see if this helps, has anyone used it?

I had Flamazine, it depends on the bunny really. Lola reacted to it, her hocks looked like they were improving but they got worse, then I stopped it and went back to sudacrem and miraculously they improved :shock:. Though I do know it works for some buns.:wave:

I already have sudocream so could i use this? I wasnt sure if it was ok to use in bunnies :)

as far as I am aware yes, it worked a treat for Lola. If they are particularly bad I would suggest going to the vet, or Jack's-Jane as her bunny Lady Lydia has fairly bad sore hock troubles :(. xx

I work at a vets so took her today :) Vet says she has seen much worse so find a soft bedding, she was also going to look into some different creams for her, just want to do something asap as they look quite sore :(

Back