• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Autumn Fever?

Well wildies get Autumn fever, & our domestic buns have most of the wildie behaviour in them.
If it's a change for Misha & he wasn't like this last year but was fully grown, I would start to wonder why he feels the need to be more dominant.
They haven't been separated briefly, or one been to the vets without the other have they?

Nope. Although everything is very tentative as the bond between the four is still not strong.

There are others more experienced than I am, but I'd think it's a sorting out the heirarchy issue. I think I'd be looking at how the other buns are behaving towards Mischa. Basically whether he's had a "demotion" & asserting himself on the next 1 down.
I find it so hard via computer. I need to watch buns for hours before I feel able to even make a suggestion.

Is anyone withmore experience able to answer Schuette?

BUMP.

This is kinda straddling two threads. :oops: Basically Nutmeg's had a couple of lunges at Mischa. I don't know if this is a reaction to Mischa's horniness or the cause of it. I think it's a reaction to it as I observed this afternoon Mischa humping Mini and then Nutmeg coming up to the pair with her tail up before scampering off in her 'I'm not happy' fashion. Nutmeg doesn't allow any bun to even mount her though.

So am I right that Nutmeg is top bun - alpha doe?
Have they managed to sort out an order of who submits to who & who humps who?

I think there is something in the autumn fever theory: This is the second year in a row that Mango Fattyharebit has started a mammoth excavation in autumn: she becomes completely obsessed with digging, although she never digs at other times of the year. Also Tippex Porkychicken keeps humping her, norty girl :lol:

So am I right that Nutmeg is top bun - alpha doe?
Have they managed to sort out an order of who submits to who & who humps who?

I don't think Nutmeg knows where she is! She was bottom bun and Mini is definitely alpha doe. I haven't had a lot of humping from any of them until today. I think Mini and Mischa are the alphas and the other two the bottoms (omegas? :lol:). Smudge grooms everyone, Mischa grooms no-one but Mini, Nutmeg doesn't groom a lot either, Mini has started grooming Nutmeg.

Now that makes it sound like Nutmeg is alpha doe but she often bolts away from them.

Sorry I'm out of my depth here. Kind of confused - perhaps that's the trouble with the buns?

bump anyone?

I think that might've caused the trouble actually cos Mischa's still been at it the past few days. Nutmeg is not a typical rabbit and hates teh sex. :oops::lol:

Back