• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

question please?

yup im totally convinced its the bramble leaves that pulled Alvin out of a very nasty stasis episode in February :D:D:D

The leaves are very good to keep their tummies going.
Personally, I don't give the berries because of the small seeds inside. I'm ultra cautious because my bun has severe tummy issues, & never give him anything with small seeds or high sugar content.

Yes, mine love them, luckily we have a humoungous blackberry bush at the back of my garden to keep up with their needs:lol::lol:

I've got lots of blackberries in my garden (which is a bit of a jungle) but the leaves seem very prickly on the back. Are buns OK with this or are my blackberries the wrong kind (didn't know there was more than one sort but I guess there could be).

I picked each side of the prickly part to give the leaves to Sue (my poorly bun) and she loved them.

There are several different wild sorts, with varying size of leaf & thorniness.
Buns differ alot in what they'll manage.
If they don't eat them whole, cur the individual leaves off the tiny stems, & ifthere are still problems rub a finger tip covered with a teatowel from the tip of the leaf to the base - voila a dethorned bramble.

:lol::lol::lol: thats where ive been going wrong.. my thumb hurts so bad from the thorns :oops::oops::oops::oops:

Awww donnamt you love your buns so much. :love::love::love:
Mind I shinned up a crabapple tree for some leaves for Thumps last Autumn:shock: All goes to prove that once you've learned to clmb trees you never forget.:lol::lol::lol:

Mind I shinned up a crabapple tree for some leaves for Thumps last Autumn:shock: All goes to prove that once you've learned to clmb trees you never forget.:lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: nope i doubt id go that far for Alvin lol

Lol we planted a (thornless!! ;)) Blackberry in our garden yesterday - the berries are for us and the leaves will be for the bunnies....... :p

Such dedication - the things we do for our buns:lol: I've bought some blackberry bushes to grow in the garden:D

Such dedication - the things we do for our buns:lol: I've bought some blackberry bushes to grow in the garden:D

Me too- although they never made it into the ground- Strawbs jumped on the patio table and ate them all beforei had chance to plant then!

Good job I found a load when in the village when I went for a walk the other day!

Back