• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Preparing for Dolly's spey - Advice please.

Ok, shes not going in untill next thursday but i just want to have everything sorted so im not stressing out the day before.

Do i bring her in or leave her out? Shes used to being outdoors with Marley. She can be put somewhere where she can see/smell Marley so she doesnt get too stressed out about being on her own and if she comes indoors its all kind of dingy apart from the backroom and kitchen but they get too hot beacause of the conservatory. She would bake! Parents wont allow the spare hutch to go in the front room either.

Should i put her in the spare hutch a day or 2 before she goes for her op? I thought if i did this she would get used to it and not be as stressed, what do you think?

Also, when can i put her back in with her husbun? They both still mount eachother, i dont want to put them back together after a few days if he might hurt her.

Oh and one other thing, when i took Marley, his carrier stayed at the vets with him. This time, Marley is going with her as he is due his myxi, will i be able to just take the carrier with me when i pick Dolly up rather than leave the carrier with her? Not sure if that makes sense! :lol:

Last edited:
I would bring her inside for at least 24-48 hours, a spay is quite an invsive op and you need to keep an eye on her.

Re the hutch, you could let her have a nose round it but I don't think it makes too much difference, they feel quite rubbish after their op, so they usually just want to go somewhere quiet. Don't put her on hay/straw for a few days though, it will irritate the wound. With Smokey, I put her on an old duvet with a pile of hay, veg and water nearby.

I let Inky back in with Smokey as soon as she came home. I supervised them and took him back to the playhouse at night (he spent the whole night sat in the same spot waiting for her:() on the first night. He was really gentle with her and I know she felt happier with him. If Marley has been neutered, I would let them spend some supervised time together.

I hope everything goes OK.

FC x

I would bring her inside for at least 24-48 hours, a spay is quite an invsive op and you need to keep an eye on her.

Re the hutch, you could let her have a nose round it but I don't think it makes too much difference, they feel quite rubbish after their op, so they usually just want to go somewhere quiet. Don't put her on hay/straw for a few days though, it will irritate the wound. With Smokey, I put her on an old duvet with a pile of hay, veg and water nearby.

I let Inky back in with Smokey as soon as she came home. I supervised them and took him back to the playhouse at night (he spent the whole night sat in the same spot waiting for her:() on the first night. He was really gentle with her and I know she felt happier with him. If Marley has been neutered, I would let them spend some supervised time together.

I hope everything goes OK.

FC x

So you mean keep her in for the first day or 2 but let marley be with her if im around to keep an eye on the two of them. When i let her back outside, should i put her in the big hutch with marley but keep the hatch down so she cant do herself a mischeif?

Back