• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sleeping bunnies :)

Gemmapookie

Wise Old Thumper
I just sat and watched my buns for ages. They're having their afternoon snooze under my bed but i wanted to spend some time with them so lay down next to them :oops:

At first mimi was grooming herself, then she settled down in that position where they tuck their front feet under themselves so it looks like theyve got no legs! I kept watching them both in silence. Timmy flopped and stayed in that position sleeping away quietly. But mimi's head gradually moved further and further back, her whiskers and ears were twitching and her eyes were blinking :shock: After a while her head flopped to the side and her body tilted abit, she was literally completly out of it :lol:

What do ur buns do when they sleep? I could watch her sleep for hours (although i always have to move away eventually coz im dying to laugh!) :love:

In the first few weeks I panicked when Kane flopped out as he seemed too chilled out for a bunny in a new home, but now I think its lovely to see them snuggled together and snoozing.
they tend to do it late morning or early afternoon, especially if the sun is shining at the top end of their run. :love:

Its a beautiful sight isnt it, a bun totally at peace :love:
Therehave been a couple of times when ive had to wake Mimi up to check shes ok though coz she looks like shes having a fit :shock::lol:

Alvin often throws himself onto his side and even closes his eyes, this is during the day i dont think he truely sleeps at night, during the night he lies stretched out almost flat, ready to run for it when i turn the light on to go the loo

Holly lies with all her legs tucked in and a few times i have seen her head leaning forward and touching the floor, she sleeps so deep she doesnt notice shes doing a special poop.. and she takes ages to come around too.. deffo wouldnt survive in the wild that one shes almost not all there :lol::lol::lol:

Our bun has a house that he sleeps on top of in his cage. Often while he's asleep he forgets he's on his house, flops over onto his side and falls off the house. A bit dazed, he works out what's happened and climbs back up and sleeps in a safer position!!!

I love watching my buns sleep, and could watch them for hours too, it's funny though how they don't disturb each other, like Joes's a fidget always waking up and licking his paw once then nodding off again and shuffling about but he doesn't wake Jess who will be snuggled right up to him but if i bat an eyelid it wakes them both up :roll::lol:!!!

How many have of you have got the look of death for waking a sleeping bunneh?

OOOO dear my pair are look at me like they could turn me to stone man :shock:

I don't think I'll ever grow tired of seeing my bunnies flop out and relax, it makes me so happy! But the slightest thing will wake them and make them sit up again so I have to tiptoe around!

Back