• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

1st time myxi jabs

demelza

Warren Scout
since being on this forum i've really changed the way my rabbits are looked after and today is the day they are all going for there myxi jabs.
i so hope it goes ok, i'm so worried i feel sick. plus hopefully next week my single girl is going into be spayed then i can find her a friend.

i love this forum, ive changed everything about the way i care for my rabbits. My parents think im obsessed and everyone at work calls me dr. dolittle! :roll:

Dont worry about the myxi jab, its a breeze. Are you vaccinating against VHD in a few weeks?

fingers crossed for the buns and welcome to enlightenment :wave: - I have learnt SO much in only a few weeks

Its the VHD jabs that arent so nice.

The cylap one can cause reactions, my bun had one and when i went back to my vet he said hed never heard of reactions caused by the cylap VHD. :censored:

There is a lapinject version, but you might have to order it before you go.

I would speak to your vet if your worried, Marley was fine with the cylap but Dollys skin went all gangreenish. Its better now but the regrowth is grey :(

:wave:
Thats great to hear that this forum has benefited both you & your buns! :D

Myxi jags are no problem & im sending lots of vibes to your female bun when she gets spayed! :)

they all were fine with the injections, charlottle didn't like being in the car she was panting.she is being spayed on monday. is there anything i need to know that i will have to do different after her spaying?

they all were fine with the injections, charlottle didn't like being in the car she was panting.she is being spayed on monday. is there anything i need to know that i will have to do different after her spaying?

Yes, keep her inside for 24hrs after as she won't be able to regulate her body temp after the anesthetic. Keep an extra careful eye on her and have all her favourite foods at the ready. Make sure she eats well before the op also, she should have a full tummy going in :)

Back