• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Result - got ebay seller to amend their hutch listing!

Fluffers

Wise Old Thumper
Ebay Item no. 120609026336

After the initial sharp intake of breath at seeing how small and horrible the thing was, I pointed out that their hutch wasn't fox proof as it didn't have bolts fitted (I said that they could get into trouble by stating that it was). I then referenced the min RSPCA hutch size etc. I was expecting either a) a "naff off" type response or b) nothing but was shocked and delighted to get c) "thank you, I will add this information to the listing".... and they have!!!

:shock::shock::D

Well done! I just went on to Ebay and saw what the seller added. It was nice of them to add that information, I am a bit surprised, I would have expected a naff off answer too!

Oh well done and great that the person actually did something about it. there's someone on ebay selling these:

http://flickr.com/gp/40593192@N05/m9gtW5

as a "rabbit hutch and run" :censored: I politely messaged her the other week and got a gobful back, i was really nice about it too, but i suppose as long as she's getting her 30 odd quid that's all she's bothered about :(

Oh well done and great that the person actually did something about it. there's someone on ebay selling these:

http://flickr.com/gp/40593192@N05/m9gtW5

as a "rabbit hutch and run" :censored: I politely messaged her the other week and got a gobful back, i was really nice about it too, but i suppose as long as she's getting her 30 odd quid that's all she's bothered about :(

***sets aside time for more ebay messaging this afternoon*** ;)

well done you. i was looking on ebay last night so of them are so shocking. the ones that get me are hutches a couple of month old with hay opened/ straw food et. so what has happened to the rabbit

well done you. i was looking on ebay last night so of them are so shocking. the ones that get me are hutches a couple of month old with hay opened/ straw food et. so what has happened to the rabbit

I know, think you're better off not asking really :(

So sad about all these hutches.

Well done you, thats a good result. Wish more people would listen and think about it.

Excellent result. You've made a difference to the seller, people who see the ad and the rabbits that may end up living in it. Worth the time to contact them for sure.

Well I figure one person might read it and tell someone else, then they might tell someone else and even if only one person makes a small change which then improves the life of one bunny it's worth it :)

If I had time I'd sit here all day and email everyone!! Sadly though I only get the odd 10 mins here and there but I'll do what I can and the more of us that try to educate people (in a polite way) the more chance we have of making a difference, like I say it may only be a small difference but that's better than none at all :D

Last edited:
That's nice that she changed her listing.
I do feel though it's the Pet Shops etc that are the problem. I have been online most of tonight trying to find 6x2x2 hutches and they are virtually none exsitant!!
The amount on hutches i have seen as listed as 'Large' and they are 4ft and only 1.5 wide!
The fact is most people want a Rabbit so they go to a pet shop and get a 'starter' deal where you get the bowls hutch etc for £50!
Argos for example don't even stock 6ft hutches.
This Lady was proberly very good with her Rabbit but just wasnt aware there were guidelines on hutch sizes?
What i don't understand is why are places allowed to sell these TINY hutches if they fall below RSPCA guidelines?
The smaller hutches are the ones that you are attracted to as as i said they come in starter packs-I was looking in P@H today and it was the 4ft hutches came with bowls, food, staw, shavings, water bottle and a weather cover- the one and only 6ft hutch was £179!!
I actually saw on one website earlier a 4ft hutch that said it was suitable for 2 rabbits of 4 Guinea Pigs:shock: If i find out what site i will add on here.

Back