• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hello

Peter

New Kit
Thought it best to introduce myself. I'm Peter & I'm new to these forums; I've joined as I need advice regarding my daughter's rabbit - the post is under the health forum. The rabbit's called Rascal & he shares his hutch, well, it's actually a chicken shack with a guinea pig called Bubble. Rascal's about 2 years old, we don't know the guinea pig's age as he was given to us when his brother Squeak died, so he's be company for Rascal. They get on well, don't fight, and share things although I suspect that Bubble is the boss. As with most parents, I laid the law down when my daughter, Rebecca got the rabbit - you must clean it out etc etc and as you've probably guessed, she helps me rather than me help her. Anyway, if anyone could be kind enough to look at my post regarding rabbit health (Blood in hutch) and give me the benefit of their experience, I'd be very grateful.

Hi Peter, welcome along :wave:

I am no expert on health but will go and have a look for your post now.

I dont know if you know but it is not recommended for rabbits and guinea pigs to be kept together, this is because rabbits can inflict harm on guinea pigs and can bully them as well. This isnt meant as a criticism in any way, and it can be tricky because as you say they are company for each other. But injuries and bullying can occur so just thought I would let you know.

Will head over to the health section now :)

Hi again, I am sorry I cant see your post about the blood in the hutch, can you post a link or tell me which section its in? :wave:

ETA: ignore this, have seen it now

Last edited:
Rabbit & GP

If anything, it's Bubble, the GP, who's the boss! If Rascal, the rabbit, is in the way, Bubble just "burrows" under him until Rascal realises he has to move. Rascal has a habit of sitting in the doorway at the top of the ramp. I'll hear a lot of whistling from Bubble, Rascal will start fidgeting & Bubble will appear from underneath him. Bubble will then sit in the doorway in front of Rascal as if to prove a point. After a few minutes, Rascal will jump over Bubble & go downstairs. I can tell from his whistling that Bubble is more miffed than aggressive, as if he's saying move your fat backside!

Hi Peter and welcome!!
Just wondering if you knew about the dietry differences in the 2 species??
GPs and bunnies eat different foods for different reasons.
xxxxx

eeyore had blood in his run once, he was running around and doing his diversion tactics and one of his claws bent a bit and came off. they werent long, we applied pressure and little bandage and he was fine, the claw grew back

Hi! :wave:

I hope you find this forum helpful, I never had a clue about how to care for a rabbit until I came on here! :D

Back