• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A "good" ad on Gumtree

Nicola1

Wise Old Thumper
It made me go :shock: and :D all at once. A breeder selling a litter (so :( and it's an "accidental" litter, double :() - but she wants them to be homed in minimum 5ft two-tier hutch, or 6ft hutch, and wants to sell them in pairs or as singles to be bonded to another neutered rabbit. Nice to see there are some half decent people on there!

My precious Spenser came from gumtree. His previous owner was very fussy about possible new owners. I ended up feeling deeply honoured to get Spenser, especially as I was a first-time bunny owner. I didn't go looking there (hadn't heard of gumtree actually) but someone I'll always be grateful to drew my attention to the ad. :wave:

That's good to hear! My girls came from Gumtree, unfortunately from not too good a person. They came with their, and I quote 'MASSIVE cage', which was a whole 3ft. 2 dwarf lops in 3ft. :censored:

That's good to hear! My girls came from Gumtree, unfortunately from not too good a person. They came with their, and I quote 'MASSIVE cage', which was a whole 3ft. 2 dwarf lops in 3ft. :censored:

:( I hate this. I reviewed a load of hutches/cages advertised on Amazon as XXL when they were 3ft or 4ft. :evil::censored:

Good grief - that's awful! It would have been restrictive enough for 2 minilops. Bet the girls were mega-pleased when you came along. :wave:

Good grief - that's awful! It would have been restrictive enough for 2 minilops. Bet the girls were mega-pleased when you came along. :wave:

Yep :) they are very happy with their shed! I nearly didn't get them, as I said I only wanted the rabbits, not the cage. Then I confirmed I'd pick them up on the Wednesday. Got a text from her on Tuesday saying she had found someone who wanted the cage AND rabbits, so she was going to give them to her as it was easier than me leaving the cage.

So I offered her more money, played a sob story, and in the end, I got the bunnies and the woman got the cage :) poor things, they'd probably still be in the cage had that woman got them.

Back