• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Angels with Cottontails

XMissySJx

Wise Old Thumper
On the 19th of August 2009, I had my Peanut Butter put to sleep. It hit me very hard, and i was overwhelmed with grief. I started writing on nights i couldnt sleep, and eventually I ended up with a diary. This diary, shows the stages of grief, and how losing a bunny affects us caring bunny people.

I actually wanted to show it to you all ages ago, but i couldnt. But now, a year after his death, I can do it. If you would like to read it, please PM me with you email address, and i will send you the pdf file, if you do not have PDF/adobe, let me know and i will send you the word version.

I have called it "Angels with Cottontails" because that is what they are to us. ANYONE is welcome to read it, so just send me a message.

If you enjoy reading my ebook, please feel free to send a small donation to Liz at rainbow rabbits, because after coping with a rabbit with such a difficult problem, I am completly in awe of what Rainbow Rabbits does. This is not a fundraiser, you do not have to donate to read it, it is just if you feel you want to.

Thank You.

xxxxxxxx

Have sent it Rach :)

If anyone has lost a bunny recently, or even ever I think you will be able to relate to it.x

I would love to read this... i will PM you. Im still struggling so much, i know you struggled lots at first too, so i hope one day it will get easier for me. I cant believe its been a year already for PB :cry: xx

God, i dont know if i could read it, i am almost in tears at the thought of it.
I will pm you and i will read it when i at home.

I cant believe it has been a year either! I would love to read your ebook I will PM you, thanks for allowing us to share this with you xx

Thanks everyone for the PM's, havent replied individually so just saying thank you on here. I know Peanut would like to help other sad bunny owners, so i hope it helps someone.x

It was lovely Sarah Jayne - I was already crying by page 2!!, but you sum up the different feelings you go through when you lose a bun so well! You are lucky (perhaps a bad choice of word, but I hope you know what I mean) that you have PB living on somehow though Domino, it sounds like you at least get some comfort through that. We only had 8 months with our little man, and he passed away over two years ago and I still miss him everyday. Thank you again for sharing your thoughts and feelings with us xx

Thank you, i hope it made you smile too, i tried to put funny bits in it too! :) I feel comfort that he lives on in Domino, i just hope Domino gets to live the long life Peanut couldnt. I spent months worrying Domino would suffer the same fate but hes now 3 and a half and no symptoms, i even had his legs checked by the vet to check he doesnt have the same condition.

Thanks for reading it :) x

Oh the bit about PB digging his hole and lying in it for hours before making Jelly lick him clean had me smiling. I thought that was lovely. I can understand why you miss him so much xx

The diary came to me without problems...but had me in tears before page 2...I read a bit more and collapsed in a heap.Not too fantastic as stuff happening this end, however,the diary is very good and sums up how I felt about my old Siamese cat,Lloyd.
I havent had the misfortune of losing a bun......

The diary came to me without problems...but had me in tears before page 2...I read a bit more and collapsed in a heap.Not too fantastic as stuff happening this end, however,the diary is very good and sums up how I felt about my old Siamese cat,Lloyd.
I havent had the misfortune of losing a bun......

eeek sorry :oops:

I actually can't read any more, not right now any way.

I got to the bit about Jelly, cuddling up to Peanut Butter in the bottom half of the carry case. Now i can't make any phone calls for work for about 15 minutes, when i might have actually stopped crying, for Jelly and Peanut Butter, and for you.

You have a real knack of writing thats very emotional and makes me be able to picture whats going on. I can't be empathic as to how you feel, as i've not lost a bunny for so many years, not one as special as Peanut Butter obviously was to you.

i do not envy your situation, not at all, but i just want to let you know...you rock. Maybe thats not the right words, but my brain fails me right now.

Gray

I am going to have to read it in stages over a few days- its too emotional to read all at once!

It is very well written- you have a talent for writing!

I would love to read it i'll PM you now.
I lost my soulbun Tilly 8 months ago and im still coming to terms with it. I fell apart when she went so Id love to know your experiences too xxxx

Back