• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

at wot age do you start to ween bunnies from junior/baby food

what food are they on, when i fed burgess junior it said upto the age of 16weeks, after that i switched to burgess adult :wave:

Burgess excel has been known to cause tummy issues. My Bella didn't suit it well at all and got a really mucky bum. However, that said, it does suit some rabbits so if you your bunnies are doing well on it and you are happy then there is no reason why you would need to change brand:).
If you were interested in choosing another brand i have heard really good things about:
Science Selective (i use this)
Allen and Page
Oxbow bunny basics
Wagg premium (pellet kind)

over a month ago i switched from burgess to science selective, my bun loves all food soo it wasn't a problem with him

its best to feed unlimited hay, and only a handful of pellets every day :wave: my bun then gets his greens in the afternoon

ok thank you :) is burgess the best type to use

The 'best' really is whatever suits your rabbit. Mine hated Excel, I can't get them to eat it, nor Science Selective, which many recommend. I have standard Pets at Home pellets, which they eat, enjoy, and do well on.

Back