• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

POORLY BUN, HELP PLEASE ..wet botom area

rexy&coco

Warren Scout
help please, rex is a dutch male bunny who has been fixed :oops:
today i have noticed that his bottom end is all wet, not with poop its as if he is leaking, i have taken him to the vet and he doesnt have a temp, or any sign of infection she said.
she gave him an injection and has asked to see him again in the morning.
he is off his food and drink completly today, there have been no poops or wee today , but his bottom end is constantly wet . any ideas???????:?

If your rabbit is not eating, drinking or pooing then he needs immediate attention regardless of what is causing his wet rear end, rabbits go down hill very quickly and need to eat, drink and poop almost constantly.

Do you know what he was injected with?

I think a wet rear end is usually associated with a UTI (urinary tract infection) and incontinance due to injury/disease in the back or hind legs, or perhaps EC.

However, I am sure someone more knowledgable than me will be along soon with some advice on this but I am sure that whatever the underlying cause the stassis (not eating/pooing) needs to be dealt with promptly.

hi,
i have syringe fed him some water and am going to try giving him some critical care too.
i have lost bunnies in the past and its scarey how quickly they go down hill.
he was full of beans yesterday, i just cant work out whats happened??

Back