• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How long are your bunnies out of the hutch for?

How long is you bun out of the hutch for...

• 0-60 minutes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 hour to 2 hours

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • 2 hours to 3 hours

Votes: 9 10.1%
  • 4 hours to 5 hours

Votes: 12 13.5%
  • 5 hours + please state how long :D

Votes: 66 74.2%

• Total voters
Our bunnies live in Wendy houses with permanently attached runs, which they have access to 24/7. They are never shut away.

6am to 11pm, but if I had the space I would attach the runs to the hutches so they could have access 24/7.

My bunnies live in the summer house, however i do bring them outside for either a free range round the garden and then in their run so they can graze on some grass:). I sometimes bring them inside if its too dark outside. I'd say they are out of their summer house (which is about 80 square foot) for anything from 2- 6 hours a day. If i'm outside for the majority of the day then they are out with me too.

I voted 4 to 5 hours, when I have to go to school etc, it'll come down to that. When I don't have to go to school, it depends on how many other rabbits I have here.. When I have none, they can walk around the garden all day.

And the guestbunnies are out of their hutches for abuot an hour I think.

I feel awful.......... mine probably doesn't get anywhere near enough! OH is still buildng the run and its just not safe enough to let her out in the garden by herself. I make sure that she has at least an hour everyday. I know its not enough but its what i have available to supervise at the moment. I'm hoping tonight she can be in for longer, as she's getting beter at her litter training and can be in the kitchen whilst i'm sorting dinner out.

Hopefully, once the run is complete, she can have more time out there. I'm still trying to convince the other half that she needs something with a run attached thats big enough for her to run around in

Its different for each bun in my house.

Strawberry lives in a wendyhouse with attached run that he has access to 24/7. He also gets 1-2 hours free range a day.

Snowdrop lives in a wendyhouse without a run so gets 3-4 hours free range (although she probably only uses about an hour of this before going back into her house to sleep).

Bungle lives in our kitchen and in summer gets 30mins ish free range time outside before bed.

The have a hutch attached upstairs on their run so have permanent access, they're always out in the run bit whenever i look out even after midnight and in the early hours of the morning. Dawn and dusk are their most active times so it's nice they get to go out an dplay even if i'm asleep, they're asleep pretty much all afternoon so they wouldn't really get the benefit of only being out during the day.

Thanks for responding..

Today is the first time my buns have had more then an hour out. I bought them last Thursday so I have been letting them settle in and get used to the garen noises etc. Yesterday I finish bunny proofing my top deck and today I let them out for around 3 hours. Hopefully once they know their way around and my cats are used to them and they the cats I will be able to have them out whenever I am home.

Mine are out for about 3-4 hours each evening, although they don't live in a hutch - They have a 5ft x 7ft shed. There's no run on it yet, which is why they aren't out during the day, but we're building one at the moment, so soon they'll have their shed and run all day :D:love:

Mine have a large cage with a pen attached 24/7 and are out in the living room/kitchen when I'm home. The time for that varies from about an hour on a weekday if I'm out, to around 4 hours if I'm in, to longer on weekends.

I get in from work at 4, and then depending on whether I walk the dogs/how long I walk them for, the latest the buns get let out is 6 o'clock, then I put them away at 10, which is just before the dogs night time walk, so they get at least 4 hours a day.

xxx

i got my bunny a week ago and she has full run of my flat all day wen im in which is everyday at the min..she is just gettin used to the surroundings

Mine have access to a run during daylight hours. In the summer, they are out from 6am-8.30pm. In the winter, 6am-5pm. I have outside light etc but I worry about them in the dark:oops:.

On a week day the nethies get out in thier runs for about 6/7 hours everyday.
On a weekend all day, so like 10/11 hours.

ma cross breeds can get out into thier run 24/7

I keep my in an big hutch overnight - then they have access from 7am till 7pm or later depending on the weather:oops:

Rodge gets out between 6-10pm during weekdays but all day at the weekend.

He just chills out by the pond dipping his back feet in to cool down, he's a strange little thing. :lol:

Back