• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Indoor Flooring help, my bunnies are eating my floor

Shellypops

Wise Old Thumper
Right then Dudes and Dudettes, I have indoor bunnehs with their own room. Well I had some lino down on the floor and well.. they are eating it:shock:

Its all around the corners of the room, I don't actually think that they are ingesting it, just shredding:roll:

Well What flooring do other inddor bunneh mummies and daddies use? I have acrpet underneath the lino but I think they will eat that too

Last edited:
I've used lino for all my bunny housing. I found mine chewed loose edges too - the stuff in the shed is really flush with the shed wall so they can't get their teeth under it. Can you pop something heavy (a brick or a paving slab?) in each corner so they can't pull it up? Obviously bricks and paving slabs won't look great indoors but it works for my lot :)

I've used lino for all my bunny housing. I found mine chewed loose edges too - the stuff in the shed is really flush with the shed wall so they can't get their teeth under it. Can you pop something heavy (a brick or a paving slab?) in each corner so they can't pull it up? Obviously bricks and paving slabs won't look great indoors but it works for my lot :)

Well its their room so I'm not too bothered what it looks like so yes bricks may help, they have literally chewed up a quarter of it :roll:

hello again, I just wondered if someone could give me a link to a site that you have managed to aquire some indoor cheap flooring, I really need top change ours its getting a bit minging as the buns have peed on it :roll:, and it has soaked through to the carpet

hello again, I just wondered if someone could give me a link to a site that you have managed to aquire some indoor cheap flooring, I really need top change ours its getting a bit minging as the buns have peed on it :roll:, and it has soaked through to the carpet

i have office carpeting from carpet right. Paid £12 for 4m x 4m. :)

Under that is a couple of shower curtains to stop it getting through to the underneath carpet in the actual room. They were £1 each from pound land! :)

i have office carpeting from carpet right. Paid £12 for 4m x 4m. :)

Under that is a couple of shower curtains to stop it getting through to the underneath carpet in the actual room. They were £1 each from pound land! :)

Thanks Graham i will check carpet right out ;)

I have Lino, but it was fitted to the floor with a spray adhesive, so it is solid on the floor.

Thanks Graham i will check carpet right out ;)

It's just the stuff that offices use, that doesn't have any pile, so it seems alright for buns as they cant chew it and ingest it. We have a few bunny teeth shaped holes at the edges, but i've resolved that by making sure the edges are all outside the pen :lol:

Back