• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is this any good for dispensing hay?

looks great, but its not very big! 20cms wide.

You'd be better off getting one of those metal hanging baskets, would work out loads cheaper as well!

looks great, but its not very big! 20cms wide.

You'd be better off getting one of those metal hanging baskets, would work out loads cheaper as well!

:thumb:
I use both the half moon and round hanging baskets for hay - the buns love them. Pepper even sits in his :love:

DSCN1190.jpg

I have a wire rack.... my bun takes it off when it gets empty overnight, i think she likes to make me late for work as it gives her a chance to do a runner when i go to feed her in the morning!

I think that hay rack looks tiny. It's only a little baby bun sat on it which I guess gives an illusion of it being bigger.

I got a hanging basket and a bracket and put that up as a hayrack for my trio -

35957_478781273573_709523573_6799879_2683876_n.jpg

It has a few toys dangling from it too so it's kind of like food and playtime in one. :) Really cheap too.

It looks tiny :?
I have a plain wire hay rack, but I bought a ikea plastic bag dispenser of ebay and it still hasn't arriaved :? They look really good though.

I also like the idea of the hanging baskets they look nice too :wave:

I use both the half moon and round hanging baskets for hay - the buns love them. Pepper even sits in his

All my buns sit in them. Although Willow only did it once, she must have been too big/heavy as it collapsed underneather her!

All my buns sit in them. Although Willow only did it once, she must have been too big/heavy as it collapsed underneather her!

:lol: Awwhh!

Not quite the same thing but my sister has a house rabbit and she used to have a hanging basket in her hallway. The rabbit would climb up the stairs and launch himself into the hanging basket. :shock: He could never manage to work out how to get back either so she came home from work a few times to find a very fed up looking bunny swinging about in the air. :roll: She took it down after the third time it happened - the plants were mauled half to death by then too! :lol:

It's a nice hay rack, but only very small bunnies could sit on it, and the hay probably gets ripped out quickly. At least by bunnies that like to dig out the hay with their feet.

With the hanging baskets I would be worried that my bunnies can't get out any more and injure their legs if they slip through the gaps. I would hang them high enough, so that the bunnies have to stretch to reach them, but could not sit in them.

I have most hay in a corner of the litter trays or somewhere else on the hutch floor. My bunnies don't mess it up. Wild rabbits eat mostly grass on the ground, so I am sure it is fine to keep the hay there, too.

I've got two of those from zooplus. All my buns can sit on it fine, the largest being 2.5kg. I painted mine because they are outside. The buns are fine at getting hay out from it, they can stick their noses in quite far because the bars are quite far apart. It does keep the hay dry. You can leave it in there for weeks, eventually it becomes it a bit washed out though and you should probably replace it.

LillyHayRack.jpg

It looks a bit uncomfortable there, but most of the time she turns around and is a lot more comfortable then, she can see into next doors garden :)

Back