• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

who uses towels for a bed

mreeyore

Warren Scout
i have read on here that some of you put covers in your bunnies bed. robbie like nothing better then to sit on the sofa with me and he keep pulling his towel aroun til he get it comfy, it is so funny to watch. wouldnt dream ov put it in his cage on a night, would he eat it?

i have read on here that some of you put covers in your bunnies bed. robbie like nothing better then to sit on the sofa with me and he keep pulling his towel aroun til he get it comfy, it is so funny to watch. wouldnt dream ov put it in his cage on a night, would he eat it?

Biscuit has a hand towel in a cat litter tray and he does bunny flops in there and falls asleep a lot there. He does pull and tug it around a lot until its where he feels its comfy though :)

I think he's an OCD bunny :)

Tried it with my two but Dill kept chewing it.Didn't think it was worth the risk,so took it out.

thats wot robbie likes to do, do you leave it in all night, he has a bit ov a wet eye at the mo so he off to the vets, hope he be ok, broke my heart last time i went to the vets and came back without eeyore

Mine have towels. They chew them sometimes and dig at them but don't actually ingest them (I know cos I find tiny bits of towel around). In the winter we will change to a cheap thin duvet or vetbed - but vetbed needs towels underneath anyway if your bunnies wee on soft things like mine do. I prefer the duvet cos I can put that in the wash.

My vet said it's fine to use towels- especially for a poorly bunny or one that has been neutered- I think they are great as my bunnys don't bother pooing and peeing on them. They are also quick to wash - i put all my towels through on 60 degrees and they are good as new, ready for another day in the hutch. I'm forever buying towels and rugs for them to sit on. I use dog bedding that is washable also.

Kanika has towels in her hutch. She's not chewed them so far, although she did chew the vet bed! Not ingested though.
She does like to rearrange them - particularly downstairs as she moves them out of the way to lie on bare wood. Oh well, I try!

Glad this has come up as I was wondering what to use as 'bedding' for the buns in winter and wondered whether blankets / fleece etc would be any good (was worried about the 'eating' issue)....... or do they prefer to burrow themselves into a massive mountain of hay??!?

robbie is finding it hard to get comfy in his bed when he wants a nap, he has moved all the sawdust from one part so he can flop down but weh he is on the sofa he go to sleep on a towel , after he has re arranged it to get it comfy, think when i clean him out today will try put a hand towel in folded uo for him to lay on

Both my foster buns have towels for beds and both like to rearrange them, although Bouncer is more anal about his and gets very grumpy if I move it :lol::lol:

Back