• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I feel like such a meany!

charl86

Alpha Buck
my bunny Sooty origionally belonged to my mum, she got him a couple of years ago for my brother who is now 8 to be "his pet" as the dogs dont really like him and he loves animals. Anyway last summer I was minding Sooty and fell in love with him and begrudgingly my mum said I could keep him, (my mum told him it was still his rabbit but he was just staying with me)

I was visiting my mum today and talking about me maybe getting another rabbit my brother overheard and said " does that mean I can have Sooty back now if you get a new one?" eek!.. "I miss Sooty he was my favourite pet, will he be able to live with me again?" I felt AWFUL! what do you say when a 8 year old asks for his beloved rabbit back that you took from him? Poor boy was always really good with him its just that Sooty has more freedom living with me... I felt so guilty... just left my mum to deal with it :lol:

Last edited:
I don`t know what to say, It`s a tough one. I don`t realy have any advice , but i hope you can come to some sort of arrangement. Could your little brother come to your house a bit more often to help clean him out and feed him, and also to spend time with him. I can`t think of any thing else to add, sorry.:)

Ooooh difficult one! Could anything be done at your Mum's so Sooty could have more freedom there? Other than that I think I would agree with Pennypoos - could your brother come over more often and see Sooty? As he cares so much about him, it would be a good opportunity to teach him all about rabbits so he can care for them properly :)

As long as Sooty is looked after well at your Mom's, I think you should give him back to your brother.

Back