• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

For bunny mums who have buns with no incisors

Terri_louise177

Alpha Buck
My little April loves to chew on anything from chew toys to just plain old hay (and our furniture at times too!) but this has me a little concerned for Charlie. I can give April toys and things to chew on to keep her happy but what about him? All rabbit toys have something to do with chewing and are aimed at bunnies who have incisors, but as Charlie has none it's hard for me to find fun things for him to do. I lavish the little thing with attention which he loves, but I feel so sad for him when he watches april nibbling on wooden toys. Does anyone have any advice for something I can give Charlie to keep him occupied when April gets her wood blocks? Poor little bunny :(

have you tried a treat ball? maybe put a few nuggets in it and let him roll it around to get the nuggets out.

Tunnels and boxes are brilliant for all buns and don't require teeth :)

Squidgy was a gummy bunny and he used to love rolling his treat ball around to get his pellets and tunnels! He loved tunnels!

My old bunny Dusti had no incisors and he used to love playing football. He would push it with his nose and chase after it.

HEhehehe Charlie used to love football... well so we thought. It turned out he "loved" football a little too much, as after we had him neutured he stopped playing :shock:!

And we bought him a tunnel and he turned his nose up at it!! Little scamp.

However he does love boxes! They're are tonnes of them everywhere! Am I just being over concerned? He's probably just fine... I worry too much :lol:!

However, I will be getting them both a treat roll! What a brilliant idea! I always thought he would need his incisors to get the treats out but I've been proven wrong :D!

Awwww...I feel guilty when I give Crystal a chew toy and Baloo tries to play with it too. It just breaks my heart:( He does love his treat ball though and is an expert beggar so he gets a lot of love and treats:oops: He's just so charming:lol:

My Daphne has no insicors (well, actually, she has one - one grew back :roll:) and I find she loves anything that she can roll and tunnels - like everyone else has suggested :lol: She also seems to like things she can groom or shove about. She'll spend ages rearranging fleece blankets and once she's put it somewhere satisfactory, she'll sit and lick it. She's a bit odd though!

Digging. Things like towels or fleeces. Boxes of hay and newspaper. Plant pots or sand pits.

Or... a box fort! Boxes put together with holes through into each other. Or combine the two and put blankets and hay in the fort.

Super fun. :)

Back