• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please send any vibes you can for Poppy

mich8

Alpha Buck
I think I am going to lose the battle with my little foster bun. I have had her since November. She came to me in quite poor health. We have battled with infection and abccess for some time now.
Poppy is now on Depocillin (after a bit of a battle with the vets). But she has lost a little bit more weight etc.
The vets are advising PTS if there is no improvement by Monday :cry::cry::cry:
I wish there was a miracle cure for this gorgeous little girl

If you don't mind me asking why are they looking to PTS? Is it because of the weight loss, or something else? I have had similar problems with two of my foster buns and have managed to get them stabalised now, so don't know if the cases are similar or whether Poppy has worse issues?

If you don't mind me asking why are they looking to PTS? Is it because of the weight loss, or something else? I have had similar problems with two of my foster buns and have managed to get them stabalised now, so don't know if the cases are similar or whether Poppy has worse issues?

They are saying PTS on Monday. Poppy has had a lot of problems and is now VERY underweight. Despite a good diet, lots of treatment etc she is still not improving. She is not eating too well either. The infection on her tail just will not clear up and it is making it harder as she now has some incontinece. I do not know of any other treatment left to try....
I am really praying that she shows some sign of improving before Monday :cry:

They are saying PTS on Monday. Poppy has had a lot of problems and is now VERY underweight. Despite a good diet, lots of treatment etc she is still not improving. She is not eating too well either. The infection on her tail just will not clear up and it is making it harder as she now has some incontinece. I do not know of any other treatment left to try....
I am really praying that she shows some sign of improving before Monday :cry:

Oh it does sound as if she is more poorly than my boys were. Have you tried her on porridge oats to help her increase weight? My two loved those and it did the trick, in fact they put on a little too much weight :oops: Some people make it up into a porridge with water, mine had it dry although I have since read that that may not be the best idea (although mine were ok on it). Has she been given any pain relief? Bunnies don't eat when they are in pain and that may explain the weight loss if she hasn't been having any. Sending lots of vibes that she improves over the weekend!

Oh it does sound as if she is more poorly than my boys were. Have you tried her on porridge oats to help her increase weight? My two loved those and it did the trick, in fact they put on a little too much weight :oops: Some people make it up into a porridge with water, mine had it dry although I have since read that that may not be the best idea (although mine were ok on it). Has she been given any pain relief? Bunnies don't eat when they are in pain and that may explain the weight loss if she hasn't been having any. Sending lots of vibes that she improves over the weekend!

Hi
Unfortunatly everything has been tried.... :(

Back