• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Would this be ok?

sacol4940

Warren Veteran
The playhouse is being delivered tomorrow and Paddy and Peaches arent the tidiest of buns and occasionally wee where they're not supposed to :roll: so I need to protect the floor of the playhouse. I was thinking of varnishing the floor and then covering it with the lino tiles from Poundland, would that be ok do you think?

I'd say so. House buns are ok on varnished floors so why not in outside accommodation. Just make sure it's properly dry before putting the lino down and it'll be fine.

Varnish is fine, especially under lino...or you could use whatever wood preserver you're going to use for the rest of the playhouse instead.

I personally prefer 1 large piece of lino for the whole floor, because lino tiles tend to get wee soaking through the gaps, and bunny teeth can tear the edges up.

I tend to superglue the lino to the floor before erecting the playhouse/shed...that way any edges are hidden under the walls.

Yeah, I would say so, covering the varnish with the tiles will stop them nibbling the wood (I dont know if they would?) and then you can put whatever you want on top of that, I like my babies to have a variety of textures to walk over, a nice concrete slab in one corner? A rug? You know what I mean :)

Ooooooh, and if I had a shed (I wish, I dont have a garden) I would want one of these in there too..........

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Dog-Kennel-Easy-Kennel-Options-/180439332550?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Dogs&var=

Awww, they would be sooooo snuggily (I would pack mine with blankies or hay......

Varnish is fine, especially under lino...or you could use whatever wood preserver you're going to use for the rest of the playhouse instead.

I personally prefer 1 large piece of lino for the whole floor, because lino tiles tend to get wee soaking through the gaps, and bunny teeth can tear the edges up.

I tend to superglue the lino to the floor before erecting the playhouse/shed...that way any edges are hidden under the walls.

Yeah, that's what I'll probably do, I just need to find some cheap lino from somewhere

Yeah, I would say so, covering the varnish with the tiles will stop them nibbling the wood (I dont know if they would?) and then you can put whatever you want on top of that, I like my babies to have a variety of textures to walk over, a nice concrete slab in one corner? A rug? You know what I mean :)

Ooooooh, and if I had a shed (I wish, I dont have a garden) I would want one of these in there too..........

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Dog-Kennel-Easy-Kennel-Options-/180439332550?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Dogs&var=

Awww, they would be sooooo snuggily (I would pack mine with blankies or hay......

P&P aren't allowed too many soft furnishing as they wee all over them :roll:

They also wee wherever there is hay :roll:

This! Plus tiny bits of hay get stuck between the tiles!

Allied Carpets do very cheap lino...I paid less than a tenner for a 7x7ft piece. It's not the best quality, but it's okay for the price.

Back