• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cuprinol Shades for painting the playhouse/aviary

sacol4940

Warren Veteran
I can't decide what colours to use :?

Can you post pics if you've painted your shed/playhouse/aviary/run in any of these colours please? It might help me choose if I can see what the colour looks like once it's dry :wave:

This is 'Iris' from the Wilkinsons own brand range of wood paint (pet friendly) :wave:

RearrangingtheaviaryAugust2010041.jpg

Think this is the same shade (Iris) as above and also used the Buttermilk colour too from Wilkinsons. Decking is Wilkinsons Oak colour.

P150810_1857.jpg

This is Wilkinsons Willow and Iris.

P040710_203901.jpg

DSCF9626600x450.jpg

This is Cuprinol Willow - very similar to the Wilko one by the looks of it. :D

Yes they are more or less the same colour, but the Wilko one is half the price.... I have used both on the run part, but cant tell the difference.

That's good to know. :D I got mine cheap from Tesco a long while ago (£4 for a 2.5l tin :D) but if it ever runs out (I bought 3 tins :lol::lol:) I can get the Wilko one. :)

Yes paint the inside too, or any wee that gets sprayed about will be absorbed by the wood and make it stinky

Back