• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny and Lino?

GrahamL

Wise Old Thumper
I know a lot of you have Lino as your floor coverings in pens etc, should i cover any lino with a rug for additional grip as Biccy tends to slide around *alot* ?

I think i should, but curious what other people do.

I have lino in Herbie & Inca's room. It is the kind of textures stuff. I still have to put rugs down as Inca slips about alot!

I have the grippy textured stuff too and mine seem fine on it. Their hocks have been a lot better too. The only time it seems difficult for them is when they turn round to groom their backs and their front paws slip forward.

I wouldn't ever have JUST lino though. When they had enclosures the bases were covered in lino but they still had a shelf with vetbed or an old t-shirt. I currently have a towel or two on the floor for them and in winter I'll put down a duvet or vetbed. I want to give them the choice. They often sit on the lino though. I think it depends on how warm they are. If they are a bit warm they like the lino, if a bit chilly they prefer the towel.

I have the grippy textured stuff too and mine seem fine on it. Their hocks have been a lot better too. The only time it seems difficult for them is when they turn round to groom their backs and their front paws slip forward.

I wouldn't ever have JUST lino though. When they had enclosures the bases were covered in lino but they still had a shelf with vetbed or an old t-shirt. I currently have a towel or two on the floor for them and in winter I'll put down a duvet or vetbed. I want to give them the choice. They often sit on the lino though. I think it depends on how warm they are. If they are a bit warm they like the lino, if a bit chilly they prefer the towel.

Biscuit still has the same base which is on his own carpet with shower curtain underneath, just incase.

It's just i've let him out into the hall way after a few discussions yesterday for additional space and its not the textured stuff, its just flat lino that looks like laminate for effect, he seems to be coping *VERY* well hopping around on it, i think i'll get a couple of cheap low cut rugs from somewhere over the weekend just to put down for additional grip for him.

Would Ikea or Dunelm kind of places be best do you think?

Thank you :)

I currently have the hump with Ikea. :evil::oops::lol: They do do cheap rugs though. I've never been in a Dunelm.

I currently have the hump with Ikea. :evil::oops::lol: They do do cheap rugs though. I've never been in a Dunelm.

I find dunelm can be *really* expensive for certain things and the closest Ikea is a good 40 mins from here. :(

What have Ikea done to you Schuette? I guess your closest one is Lakeside? :?

Yup Lakeside.

I'm just frustrated with them. I find the store hard work because I find it very tiring. It costs us £3 just for the crossing and then petrol to get there so I always check the stock levels online, which yesterday said everything in stock, only when we got there, out of 6 items, 2 were nowhere to be seen, so the website was very wrong and that's not a good strike rate - 2 out of 6! Then I've just opened the boxes and no instructions! :evil:

I find their products quite good for the money but, oh! the stores! I'd rather go to the dentists!

/rant :oops:

Yup Lakeside.

I'm just frustrated with them. I find the store hard work because I find it very tiring. It costs us £3 just for the crossing and then petrol to get there so I always check the stock levels online, which yesterday said everything in stock, only when we got there, out of 6 items, 2 were nowhere to be seen, so the website was very wrong and that's not a good strike rate - 2 out of 6! Then I've just opened the boxes and no instructions! :evil:

I find their products quite good for the money but, oh! the stores! I'd rather go to the dentists!

/rant :oops:

I remember lakeside's ikea (i used to live in Gillingham) and was our closest too. I found their stock rate against the website was commonly wrong and even if you phone them to check stock that was often wrong too! :evil:

I remember lakeside's ikea (i used to live in Gillingham) and was our closest too. I found their stock rate against the website was commonly wrong and even if you phone them to check stock that was often wrong too! :evil:

Apparently when you phone unless you ask for a physical check then they just use the website. :roll: I'm planning on having them running all round the store checking stuff for me next week. :evil:

You'd get cheaper rugs in Wilkinsons. You will probably find whatever you buy is destroyed by your bun.

Not sure if this would be any good but I use the little carpet sample mats for inside my hutches as places for the buns to sit/sleep. They're usually 50p each or free if you mention you want them for rescue buns ;)

You can get larger ones too like hall runners and some carpet shops will "bind" the edges of an offcut for you for a small fee.

well having him in the hallway hasn't been an awesome success.:?

I thought it had been a bit quiet, so went to check on him (could hear him hopping on the lino before).

He was running aroudn the living room and has chewed right through a 4 gang extension and my xbox360 power lead :evil::roll:

i've had to put him back in the 6x4 again :( he loves his freedom, but doesn't seem to like being in any one area if he can get out. Silly bunny! :(

I can't think of a way to stop him doing what he does, which is jump up onto the sheet over his pen and from there into the living room. If i take the sheet off, he can jump straight up onto the sofa, which was what i was trying to stop in the first place.

This bunny ownership is hard work isnt it? :lol:

Have you though about a swinging lid? Maybe from NIC panels? That's what we had when they were in an enclosure cos Mini can jump quite high. We just fastened it with cable ties with enough give to swing open so I could get in to clean it.

Have you though about a swinging lid? Maybe from NIC panels? That's what we had when they were in an enclosure cos Mini can jump quite high. We just fastened it with cable ties with enough give to swing open so I could get in to clean it.

Think im confused by what you mean. Do you think he would not jump on to the NIC panels, is that what you mean? :)

Back