• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do you cut your grass or do your rabbits eat it for you?

Do you cut your grass or your rabbits?

• I do it with a lawnmower

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • My bunnies are my lawnmowers

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • I do some of it and the buns do some.

Votes: 15 57.7%
  • I don't have a lawn to cut- it's all concrete...etc

Votes: 2 7.7%

• Total voters
As it is summer now, the rabbit run is almost permanently on the grass, and as it would be impractical to move it, there is an 8ft x 5ft section of grass under the run that is only cut by the bunnies.

Bit of both really. Although i never cut my grass too short i always leave it long enough so the bunnies can graze:)

My bunnies have a great time..they dig, they eat everything, and its not too bad when its time to go in either!!

My bunnies take care of the grass mowing for me.:D

Unfortunatly tho, they've also taken to pruning my Lavender bush. Subsequently, there's not much of it left! :censored:

Mostly the rabbits do it, but I did a quick once over yesterday as some of the tough long bits were not being eaten, and round the edges that they cant get to :wave:

We do it with a lawnmower. The bunnies haven't been out much this year due to rebonding while it was sunny and earlier in the year I felt it was too hot. Mine don't have the sense to sit in the shade or on an Ice Pod. :roll: So lay in the sun breathing heavily.

We very rarely cut the grass - if anything dh just has to use the strimmer around the edges as that's what the buns tend to leave. :lol:

The grass got very long (& rich) at the beginning of Spring though, and the buns ended up eating too much & got mucky bums :( so we had to cut it right back for a while.

usually during summer, if it is warm i cut it every 2weeks, lately ive been cutting it every 2days :shock: and its not even spring, it keeps raining after i cut it soo it needs cutting again 2days after :lol:

I can't bring myself to mow the lawn. I'd feel like I was depriving Storm & Mallow of their favourite food. It looks a little shaggy but I can live with it and they do look sweet when they are wandering around nibbling it :D

Back