• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

help! has Spudsey over-groomed BB

Beatrix Potter

Mama Doe
:shock: I thought all the chasing had calmed down....over the weekend both seemed to be in love :love: with BB snuggled into Spudsey and the staring in each others eyes....:love: and BB finally licking Spudsey :love: So imagine my horror when I went out this morning to find BB's fur and an obvious bald patch on his nose :shock: She has got him there before, not a bite just a teeny weeny nip, but not this extreme.
Any ideas? Its not a match made in heaven I admit but thought after the weekends loving that they may have finally fell in love!

It sounds like barbering.:?
Lily did this to BB....he looked like the guy from Nickelback!!:lol::lol:
I believe its caused by boredom.I could be wrong.
Have your buns got toys and chewy stuff??xxxxx

My Lloyd does this to Saffy and they are desperately in love. They've never even had a disagreement. I have tried putting vinegar on Saffy's fur in the area he is over-grooming and it doesn't help much. Of course, I wouldn't recommend that anyway for a bun's face :(

Its bizarre :shock: They still appear in :love: though but will have to get something else for Spudsey to groom, I was due to take BB to the vets this week but now .......:oops:

Update: Finally put my pets at :censored: home gift voucher to good use and have bought loads of willow play sticks, woody bites, balls, herbs you name it I got it :lol:

I just realized that over-grooming can be a result of a parasite problem on the groomee. I don't know why that didn't occur to me earlier.

cleo went through a stage of over grooming theos back, but the phase past. I put a little bitter apple spray (from vets) in the area and she never did it again..

cleo went through a stage of over grooming theos back, but the phase past. I put a little bitter apple spray (from vets) in the area and she never did it again..

Thanks for that will take note. Can't see anything that shouldn't be there on BB's fur....and the bald patch hasn't got any bigger so fingers crossed.

Back