• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dilema ... Rescue or P@H? Added picture for anyone interested post 20 :)

youthnovels

Wise Old Thumper
I'm currently in a dilemma about what to do with regards to Leos new potential wifebun. I have spoke to a local rescue and have reserved a girlie who has been passed around from home to home. She is currently recovering from her spay but after that they're supposed to be off on their jollies to be bonded.

However, in the pets at home local to myself there is a bunny in there who is, for lack of a better word, deformed. She is a mini lop but one of her ears is positioned too far over on one side so they both flop over onto the left. In my opinion it's a really endearing feature but in the past few weeks I've been in P@H cooing over her there has always been one person who points out how "ugly" she is. :evil: She has now grown considerably as she has been in there for at least four weeks and has now been separated from the others in her own glass pen :cry:

I'm now trying to decide if I go for the rescue bunny who has been passed around from home to home and will be bonded for me. Or, do I opt for the P@H bunny whose future apparently isn't looking too bright either. I've already spoke to P@H and they've said that they will "take the bunny back" if bonding fails.

Deep down I feel I should go for the rescue but the bunny in P@H has totally stolen my heart :?

What would you do?

Last edited:
well, if I was you i would take the rescue rabbit cause you have already reserved her...

the minilop in PP@H dosent have anything wrong with it really, just its ears flop to one side, not that uncommon. I mean you could go about thinking of the posibilty of all the pet shop rabbits could go to rubbish homes.

well, if I was you i would take the rescue rabbit cause you have already reserved her...

the minilop in PP@H dosent have anything wrong with it really, just its ears flop to one side, not that uncommon. I mean you could go about thinking of the posibilty of all the pet shop rabbits could go to rubbish homes.

I guess so. I just know the rescue wouldn't let their bunny go to a bad home. Whereas I keep on wondering what happens to P@H bunnies once they reach their "shelf life".

I should stop over thinking really, for all I know since Sunday she could have been whisked off to a perfect home. Fingers crossed!

Go with the rescue you will be giving to a good cause and yo have already reserved her. Would a trio be an option?

Oh bless you, what a dilemma! My heart says the P@H bunny but my head would say the rescue bunny. Only because at least you know that the rescue bunny is in good health. Oh god that sounds horrible. But I've heard so many stories about the health of P@H bunnies as they've been taken away from their mummy too young.

But then this is a pro for getting the pets at home bunny and giving it a good life while it gets the chance...

I'm sorry I'm no help. At the end of the day both bunnies need a good home. They are both brilliant cases. Whichever you choose it was meant to be and you can sleep at night knowing you gave a poor homeless bunny a wonderful home xxx

Go with the rescue you will be giving to a good cause and yo have already reserved her. Would a trio be an option?

I've seriously thought about this and I know it's only say an additional £60 a year for vaccinations but I don't know if I can afford five. I started off with one bunny in December and I'm already planning on the fourth and considering maybe a fifth! :shock:

Leo has been through so much it's not even definite that he'll take to another bunny, let alone forcing two open him.

The rescue bunny has had such a bad life so I think I know who I should go for deep down. It's just what happens if the P@H bunny doesn't get a new home that is playing on my mind :cry:

Is the bunny in the rescue well kept?

She's only been there for the best part of two weeks but from what I can gather she wasn't mistreated as such however she was kept in a 2.5ft cage and passed from home to home. The last owners weren't aware that rabbits like company and fed her on standard pet shop mix and lettuce. So they're currently trying to build her up, she was well enough for her spay on Monday though :)

At the rescue they're kept in hutches about 4ft by 3ft (an odd shape) and get free range time everyday, so I've been told. :)

I would go for the rescue.
They have spent time talking to you, and allowing you to see the buns, as well as reserving a rabbit.

I for one would be (and have been) very annoyed and a little disheartened if it was to happen to me, as it has been a waste of their time, and in the time you have reserved her, someone else could have reserved her if you see what I mean.

I would go for the rescue.
They have spent time talking to you, and allowing you to see the buns, as well as reserving a rabbit.

I for one would be (and have been) very annoyed and a little disheartened if it was to happen to me, as it has been a waste of their time, and in the time you have reserved her, someone else could have reserved her if you see what I mean.

That's a fair point. I was just thinking that perhaps you could take the rabbit that was least well looked after. You could always apologise and give them a donation..... All rabbits deserve a loving home.. it's a hard call.

Hmmmmmm...you could get the rescue bun AND the P@H bun and 'foster' the P@H bun, keeping her separate from the others while you try to find her a lovely home. This way the lop bun would have a much better chance at getting a great home and you wouldn't have to worry about where she wound up.
Still....some fosters can stay fosters for an awfully long time.......
What a tough decision!

Hmmmmmm...you could get the rescue bun AND the P@H bun and 'foster' the P@H bun, keeping her separate from the others while you try to find her a lovely home. This way the lop bun would have a much better chance at getting a great home and you wouldn't have to worry about where she wound up.
What a tough decision!

That would be an idea if possible!

Personally, I'd go with my heart. If I felt more connected to one bun than the other, I'd go with it. You could always offer a donation to the rescue for their troubles! But then, at least you'd know what you were getting with a rescue bun, the centre will probably have done everything for you.

I would get the rescue bunny, but think about a trio maybe, too. But then only start the bonding when all 3 bunnies are ready for it. If that's too much for you, then I am sure someone else will find the bunny in P@H cute enough to adopt her. You can't be the only one who thinks she's unusual. :)

I don't even know what to suggest... i'd be torn. The P@H bunnies if not sold are sent to a rabbit charity who rehome them with the help of P@H, this is where mine came from.

I was tempted to get one of the perfect bunnies they had but when i saw mine in the donation bit, reaching for us, her wonky ears and mouth (i didn't even notice the mouth until a week or so later) endeared me. The others weren't interested in us, but she seemed to want to be seen and as she'd been returned cos someone didn't want her, i couldn't bare to leave her there! We had her straight away. Having said that, i hadn't been anywhere else and i wouldn't have wanted to let the rescue down if i had.

Maybe she'll be sent to my local one when she's up for adoption and then i can have her :D

What a tough decision!

This is a good idea. You could ask the rescue if they will help you rehome her, e.g. publicise her on their website, let you use their homecheck form etc.

I can see all points of view on this but it's easy to say things when you are not standing in those shoes. I would say you must go with your heart otherwise you will regret it. Good luck in whatever you decide.:wave:

bensonlola;3967383. I was just thinking that perhaps you could take the rabbit that was least well looked after. l.[/QUOTE said:
That doesn't really give rescues much of an incentive to provide good accommodation for their rabbits;)

The PAH "adoption" section, in my eyes, is no different to their sales part - the rabbits are just cheaper:cry:

I think I've decided on the rescue bunny. I've got to take the approach that I can't help them all. The lady at the rescue was so lovely and they seem so helpful. Realistically I can't justify two more rabbits and especially since one will come with no vaccs and won't be spayed.

Thank you everyone. I think I'm gonna have to stay away from P@H for a while now and hope I don't run out of cat litter any time soon! :lol:

Is it a PaH in Manchester? I would also be terribly torn as i love 'different' buns - let me know if bun is still there at PaH next time you go - maybe we could sort a home out for this bun between us as i have rehomed many.:love:PaH bun:love: and all buns who are different:love:

Back