• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Will They be OK ?

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
More stressing, sorry :oops:

I always do a complete clean-out of every enclosure every day. But on Wednesday I wont have time to do it all before my Hospital appointment and I dont know if I'll be able to do much physically after the biopsy.

Will the Buns be OK if I just do all their litter trays and top up their hay before I go to hospital and then just top up the hay again when I get home ?

All waters will be changed twice as usual and concentrated feed/Veggies will be fed at the normal times.

It's just the not doing a total clean out and disinfection that I am stressing over :oops:

I have only not done it once in all my 12 years of having Rabbits.

Gawd, I want this week to be OVER :cry:

They will be fine. The litter trays and water and fresh hay are the most important things, which you'll be doing.

Don't give yourself even more to worry about!!!!

They will be completely fine I'm sure of it. As long as they've got plenty of hay, water and pellets they'll be happy!

All the best, I'll be thinking of you x

They will be absolutely fine Jane.

I wonder how many of us on here totally clean out our bunnies enclosures and disinfect every day? I know I don't! :?

Easy to say, but try not to worry. :)

not to thread hijack but what do we disinfect :? i do the chippy cage cus its wood but ive never done carpet or metal :oops::oops:

*tries not to hijack either*

I don't know what to disinfect with. :oops:

Jane they will be FINE! I honestly don't know how you clean and disinfect that many enclosures every day! You iz superwoman.

They'll be fine. Just think of the amount of rabbits who only get a clean out once a week. As long as you perhaps put down an extra layer of newspaper or megazorb or whatever it is that you use as a base layer on Tuesday then there'll be no problems!

:D

Yes they will be fine. I only do a total clean out of enclosures once a week as all mine only use the litter trays anyway so they get cleaned out everyday and topped up with hay.

They will be fine and you know it, you are just looking for something else to stress over.

No-one other than you cleans out their bunnies every day!!! You may come home to a few miffed faces but other than that bunnies will be eagarly awaiting your return!

Sounds like your buns have the cleanest living quarters in Britain! I'm another who does a thorough cleanout weekly, although Spenser's bedroom is done daily as he seems to think it's his toilet.:roll::roll: Thinking of you. :wave:

They'll be absolutely fine Jane. I only clean my buns trays out every other day and they're fine. xxx

Thanks everyone.

I have always been some-what OCDish about cleaning, it's a sort of ritual :oops:

My rituals are all the more important when I am anxious :oops: and I am very bloody anxious atm !!

Thanks everyone.

I have always been some-what OCDish about cleaning, it's a sort of ritual :oops:

My rituals are all the more important when I am anxious :oops: and I am very bloody anxious atm !!

Will be thinking about you and your buns! I just clean the litter tray everyday and I don't even disinfect that every day.

Back