• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My babies are in the awful shed... cry

Nicola1

Wise Old Thumper
I've had to hide the trio and the piggies in the awful shed :cry: (in their hutches). There's been chavs up and down the back street on bikes all week, and they sometimes have dogs, so I'm hiding them. I've padlocked the back gate, and I'm going to get some willow screening, but I still don't feel comfortable leaving them so exposed.

I'm so mad, I wanted them to live in the shed but not in the hutches! :evil: we asked the landlord if we can replace it, it's totally rotten, but he said no. If I sign a longer tenancy I might ask again though, he's probably saying no cos we've only signed for 3 months. Or I might start saying how dangerous it is to have electricals in a leaky-roofed shed...

Poor buns (though you're doing your best) and poor you! :wave: I feel guilty when Spenser is stuck in his hutch for a long time if the weather is bad- it's only just big enough as he won't use the stairs yet.

could you put the hutch in front of the shed where the door is so its hidden? I can help pic some screens up tomo, think B&Q is open late.

Have the charvers actually done anything or are you just nervous because they have the dogs? you could always put them in the back bedroom till you can get sorted xxx

could you put the hutch in front of the shed where the door is so its hidden? I can help pic some screens up tomo, think B&Q is open late.

Have the charvers actually done anything or are you just nervous because they have the dogs? you could always put them in the back bedroom till you can get sorted xxx

they haven't done anything but I've heard them say stuff and seen them looking through the fence. I don't want to bring the hutches in now they've been outside so can't put them in the back room.

I don't mind them being in the shed in the hutches, just annoyed I have to hide them in my own back yard!! Thanks hun, I'll be back and forth all night tomorrow, have to pick Ruby up from her spay, then meet my dad at the flat. Free Friday night though, or Thursday night when I finish work at 8 :wave: xxx

you know I have no life :) can never stray to far from from these two :oops:

Like I keep saying hun just yell, as long as these two are alright (and the mojitos haven't been flowing) you know I can be there in a couple of minutes xxx

you know I have no life :) can never stray to far from from these two :oops:

Like I keep saying hun just yell, as long as these two are alright (and the mojitos haven't been flowing) you know I can be there in a couple of minutes xxx

:lol: ok thanks hun xxx

http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.jsp?action=detail&fh_secondid=9956843&fh_view_size=10&fh_eds=%3f&fh_location=//catalog01/en_GB/categories%3C{9372012}/categories%3C{9372019}/categories%3C{9372069}/categories%3C{9572015}&fh_refview=lister&ts=1281990757201&isSearch=false

have you measured the gates at all?

Wow that link is so huge and so doesn't work!! its natural reed screens, 4mx2m

http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.jsp?action=detail&fh_secondid=9956843&fh_view_size=10&fh_eds=%3f&fh_location=//catalog01/en_GB/categories%3C{9372012}/categories%3C{9372019}/categories%3C{9372069}/categories%3C{9572015}&fh_refview=lister&ts=1281990757201&isSearch=false

have you measured the gates at all?

Wow that link is so huge and so doesn't work!! its natural reed screens, 4mx2m

I'll send Matthew out to measure it :) they're coming tomorrow to pick up all the rubbish in the backyard so will at least be able to get a run set up properly

oh yay, bout time eh! get all those random tvs and computer bits out there too!!

I reckon one lot should be enough to cover the gates but I am a bit useless at guessing measurements!! Was just thinking if you put the mesh on the gates and we get some slabs so they can go along the side wall then the whole front of the two tier won't be on display... could the pigs go outside the shed door or would that not give enough room from the back door?

oh yay, bout time eh! get all those random tvs and computer bits out there too!!

I reckon one lot should be enough to cover the gates but I am a bit useless at guessing measurements!! Was just thinking if you put the mesh on the gates and we get some slabs so they can go along the side wall then the whole front of the two tier won't be on display... could the pigs go outside the shed door or would that not give enough room from the back door?

It's 1.8m x 4.2m so one should cover it :) I put them out, I'm sorry but I put your keyboard out as well. Destroying your dreams of a band I know....

how would I open the gate though??

It's 1.8m x 4.2m so one should cover it :) I put them out, I'm sorry but I put your keyboard out as well. Destroying your dreams of a band I know....

how would I open the gate though??

:shock: my special keyboard :shock:

You cut it you numpt!! have you got a stanley knife?

please tell me you removed that bucket!!!

I'm sure they'll be fine I would just worry about the holes in the roof with all the rain we've had

please tell me you removed that bucket!!!

I'm sure they'll be fine I would just worry about the holes in the roof with all the rain we've had

Ugh I refused to touch anything in that shed made Matthew do it all :lol:

That's what I'm worried about, but I guess it's better than them being out in the rain. And can put the tarps on x

they'll def be drier in there and it should be a bit quieter too!!

the only reason we thought it was awful was because it was stinky and dilapidated but with all the **** out of it and in their hutches they'll be fine xxx

they'll def be drier in there and it should be a bit quieter too!!

the only reason we thought it was awful was because it was stinky and dilapidated but with all the **** out of it and in their hutches they'll be fine xxx

Yeah, you're right as usual :D:p going to go and stress over Ruby's spay now :shock:

Back