• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What's your bunnies' favourite veg?

clutterydrawer

Wise Old Thumper
As in - if you give them a mixture of veg, is there one thing they'll always pick out and eat first? What is it?

Mine prefer anything sweet ie carrot or apple, then a big chunky piece of cabbage. Celery and the stalks of lemon balm get left till last :lol:

locksley will not eat his supper unless he has a carrot first, soo i now get him chardenay carrots as they are smaller, his second favourite it tomatos

rosie used to love curly kale

and all my buns have gone mad for abit of banana

Carrots (which they get rarely) but definitely the one they will all grab and go and hide with :lol:

Broccoli and a wee bit of apple goes down well too! I think they would choose dandilions first though - they love them!!

The only fruit/veg mine get is some tiny pieces of carrot hidden around their enclosures each day that they have to forage for (altho Blackie won't eat his breakfast pelletes until I've given him one of the pieces :roll:)

Other than that their fresh stuff is leaves/flowers etc.

rosie on rare occasions, on a hot summer used to love melons :love: seeing the delight in her little face when i gave her a piece :cry: miss it

Bella tends to eat everything and anything! Although her favourite veg would definitely be broccoli. I haven't given this to her in a while though as Archie got an upset tummy when i fed him broccoli for the first time. Bella also loves fruit her favs being Strawberries, Blueberries and grapes. She gets these as a treat about once a week:)
Archie is still new to veg and fruit but so far he seems to love curly kale, rocket and spring greens. He wont touch any fruit as of yet, but they are only given as treat anyway.

i think banana, broccoli or carrot... he gets none now :(

of all his current offerings it seems to be hawthorn leaves he munches through first with Kale as a close second

Holly i cant tell shes such a pig theres no first choice just what is closest :lol::lol:

dandelion was a firm fave too when it grew, all gone now tho :(

Spenser loves curly kale, but I've pretty much cut it out due to the calcium issue. There's a photo of his sad face :( in stories and photos earlier today. He also loves parsley, but again that is a bit high in calcium. He's making do with spring greens and rocket at present.

Radish doesn't have a fave she just loves food.

Ditto with my greedy pair! :lol:

But for the guinea piggles it has to be tomatoes! John hides them at the bottom of their dish sometimes but they find them and eat them first whatever lol. They have recently decided they don't like cabbage though and they leave stalks of anything..... :roll:

Mine will generally eat whatever I give them, the only exception I've found so far was cucumber. They weren't impressed with that and left it for a while, but they still ate it all up in the end! I haven't given them a huge variety of stuff though as my local shop is a pathetic little Tesco Express with not much choice. They do really love the tops from my homegrown baby round carrots, though they're not too fussed with the actual carrots! More for me, I say :). They don't get the carrot tops much though due to calcium turning their wee white :shock:

My lot really aren't fussy as long as its edible! :lol: The boarding place thinks they are great because they have some really fussy boarders so my lot are realatively easy in comparison.

Carrot and parsley. I don't feed mine too many different vegetables, and only small amounts, but sometimes they actually prefer their hay to the spring greens. And dandelion, hazel and grass are a lot more popular than vegetables, too.

Back