• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what do you feed??

ash&crystal

Alpha Buck
Hi:wave:

I am worried im not feeding my rabbits the right amount of vegetables, so i was wondering how much and what should i be feeding my three rabbits to keep there diets healthy. they have constant access to fresh grass.

thanks in advance

ash&crystal

I think it all depends on the rabbit and your personal preference. I feed my mini Lop (who is 8 month old) about 3 leaves of the spring green lettuce, and 2 or 3 leaves of parsley and one third of a carrot every other day usually. although I give her a bit of parsley every day.

We give ours a bowl full of veggies each day. We normally stick to just 2-3 different ones at a time. But always plenty of greens like spring greens or kale, parsley, broccoli, celery, maybe a small piece of carrot but not all the time for that, cauliflower leaves, cabbage leaves...

Its the meal they look forward to most in the day!

Every day mine get a hand sized piece of spring green, half a large florret of broccoli and a small ring of carrot. At night they get a large sprig of basil or mint and when I have some they get 4 or 5 dandilions. Now and again I give them a couple of bramble leaves and they eat grass when free ranging morning and evening. :D

Hardly any, he doesn't like veg much. He'll only eat 4 things (Big improvement, it was only 3!) so gets them 2/3 times a week

two minilops, three years old. they have vegetables morning and evening - a head of spring green, or half a pack of kale or a handful of spinach, a parsley plant etc. they have green beans as a treat. they occasionally have a few pellets as a treat. mostly they eat hay. they have hay all the time, as many varieties as i can get.
they are allowed a slice of carrot once a week. once in a while they have a bit of rocket, strawberry leaves, dandelions. they have been sleek and shiny bunnykins for months. but i think they might be gaining a bit of weight now, so they're having more exercise, and if that doesn't work i'll start cutting back on something.

Back