PDA

View Full Version : what do you feed??

ash&crystal
16-08-2010, 06:21 PM
Hi:wave:

I am worried im not feeding my rabbits the right amount of vegetables, so i was wondering how much and what should i be feeding my three rabbits to keep there diets healthy. they have constant access to fresh grass.

thanks in advance

ash&crystal

ash&crystal
16-08-2010, 07:23 PM
bump:wave:

Living_a_lie
16-08-2010, 07:35 PM
I think it all depends on the rabbit and your personal preference. I feed my mini Lop (who is 8 month old) about 3 leaves of the spring green lettuce, and 2 or 3 leaves of parsley and one third of a carrot every other day usually. although I give her a bit of parsley every day.

vee-jay
16-08-2010, 08:24 PM
I dont feed mine any. they are perfectly healthy. Everyone seems to feed different amounts

helgalush
16-08-2010, 08:27 PM
We give ours a bowl full of veggies each day. We normally stick to just 2-3 different ones at a time. But always plenty of greens like spring greens or kale, parsley, broccoli, celery, maybe a small piece of carrot but not all the time for that, cauliflower leaves, cabbage leaves...

Its the meal they look forward to most in the day!

bensonlola
16-08-2010, 08:37 PM
Every day mine get a hand sized piece of spring green, half a large florret of broccoli and a small ring of carrot. At night they get a large sprig of basil or mint and when I have some they get 4 or 5 dandilions. Now and again I give them a couple of bramble leaves and they eat grass when free ranging morning and evening. :D

steph182
16-08-2010, 08:39 PM
Hardly any, he doesn't like veg much. He'll only eat 4 things (Big improvement, it was only 3!) so gets them 2/3 times a week

happybun
16-08-2010, 08:53 PM
two minilops, three years old. they have vegetables morning and evening - a head of spring green, or half a pack of kale or a handful of spinach, a parsley plant etc. they have green beans as a treat. they occasionally have a few pellets as a treat. mostly they eat hay. they have hay all the time, as many varieties as i can get.
they are allowed a slice of carrot once a week. once in a while they have a bit of rocket, strawberry leaves, dandelions. they have been sleek and shiny bunnykins for months. but i think they might be gaining a bit of weight now, so they're having more exercise, and if that doesn't work i'll start cutting back on something.

Elena
16-08-2010, 09:09 PM
My four get a salad spinner's worth between them per day.