• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Our new addition (Doggy) pics

Nyki

Warren Scout
This little fella has been with us since the 5th June. His name is Henry and he is a gorgeous 3.5 year old cocker spaniel :love:
CIMG3823.jpg

He is so funny, he has really helped me through the loss of my little Spooky (Link to Rainbow Bridge Post) :cry:

This is Henry in a particularly playful mood :lol:
CIMG4036.jpg

Henry has been an absolute dream with the rabbits in their cage, he is of course really curious but has only sniffed and licked Stuy on the nose through the bars :shock:.

Has anyone had experience of introducing dogs and rabbits? It doesn't sound like a good idea, but I know I've seen pictures of dogs and rabbits together.

For more pictures and stories from the gang please go to their BLOG

Aww Henry is soo gorgeous:love::love: and he certainly looks like he has settled in well:D.
I have two cockers and rabbits and i was completely surprised at how quickly the dogs accepted them. From the minute i brought Freddie and Bella home they had a quick sniff and that was that! They aren't interested in them at all. Obviously i never leave them alone together unsupervised but i have had both dogs and cockers in the house at the same time and my dogs don't even bat an eye lid! Freddie (my bridge bunny:cry:) was so mischevious and he use to chase Scoobie:lol:
Both Bella and Archie are now used to my dogs so aren't frightened by them. I do think you have to be very careful though as my friend also has a working cocker and a bunny and they can't be in the same room together.

Good luck with introducing Henry and Stuy. i'm sure someone with more knowledge then me will be along soon:D

Henry has been an absolute dream with the rabbits in their cage, he is of course really curious but has only sniffed and licked Stuy on the nose through the bars :shock:.

Has anyone had experience of introducing dogs and rabbits? It doesn't sound like a good idea, but I know I've seen pictures of dogs and rabbits together.

For more pictures and stories from the gang please go to their BLOG

My mum has 2 cocker spaniels, and they just get too excited around the buns.
Buns stay in the cage but the dogs sit in front and whine. I don't think they want to hurt them.
All I know is that when feeding show Henry the buns getting their food first. Lets him know what the pecking order is.

Arr he is lovely, our dog is fantastic with our bunns. He was used to Sparkle ( gradually introduced them as I was extremely wary ). But he made friends with the new bunny's right away. I don't usually leave all of them in the garden all at once unless someone is in the garden.:love:

Thanks for sharing some of your experiences, I guess it does really just depend on the individual dog and rabbit.
Henry has already been good on two occasions with a bunny on my lap on the sofa, in that he will sit and stay at a distance, but does like to be watching what is going on. When Stuy is up at the cage bars waiting for a treat his paws poke through and so does his nose and all Henry does is sniff and occasionally lick. Stuy isn't bothered by him at all, so I think we have a potentially good situation, it will just take time, patience and guts (on my behalf)!

Back