• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Had some great news from a friend with 2x baby buns...

GrahamL

Wise Old Thumper
...they were both 'done' last week :D

He bought a baby doe and a baby buck from a breeder (!) in March and they were from the same litter. 8 weeks old when they go them.

I explained to him all the issues with not having them spayed/neutered and he accepted it all, but his wife wasn't having any of it.

She said "but it would be nice if they had babies, how cute!" but he kept saying "how would we afford to look after them? We have nowhere to keep babies etc etc".

Finally, i got an instant message from him over the weekend so say they were spayed/neutered last week and already, they have noticed a HUGE difference in them both. The little girl has gone from a slightly aggressive bun to the most cuddly bun he could imagine and the little boy has stopped spraying completely, within 5 days.

I was so impressed and said to him he'd done totally the right thing and he agreed and his kids are so chuffed they can play with both bunnies now without being attacked/weed on!

Just a shameless "YAY!" thread to say im happy and thanks to all those on RU that i've read information from that prompted me to get him to have them looked after so well.

Woo!:wave:

Thats awesome news! Its great that you helped that family out and also stopped pointless breeding of those two bunnies :D Well done!!

:D it's brilliant when people actually listen to you.I've been on at someone at work for ages to get her rabbit spayed but 'the rabbit only cost £20 so it isn't worth it'. Bit my tongue so I didn't ask how much her child cost her.... :roll:

Well done for majorly improving two bunnies' quality of life :D

Isn't it great to be listened to!
Well done, I'm so pleased they had such quick behaviour changes.
You will be their 'bunny guru' from here on in though you do realise! :lol:

Isn't it great to be listened to!
Well done, I'm so pleased they had such quick behaviour changes.
You will be their 'bunny guru' from here on in though you do realise! :lol:

Already had an IM this morning about Moulting :lol:

wow - thats great news! Sounds like they will now really get more love & devotion from their little buns too! well done you!:D

That's brilliant - well done you!

And yes, that's definitely a good deed for the week - celebrate with cake, or trifle :lol: *ducks*

That's brilliant - well done you!

And yes, that's definitely a good deed for the week - celebrate with cake, or trifle :lol: *ducks*

Dont you dare start another ****** trifle situation :lol::lol::lol:

I think i'll celebrate with making myself some lunch and by giving biccy a bit of apple :)

Dont you dare start another ****** trifle situation :lol::lol::lol:

I think i'll celebrate with making myself some lunch and by giving biccy a bit of apple :)

Sorry :oops: *hangs head in shame*

I gave Tibbsy and Echo a teeny bit of apple yesterday, but had a bit myself too - they then proceded to try and mug me for the rest of it - sitting on the sofa with two rabbits crawling over your head to get to the apple juice on your lips - hilarious! :lol::lol::lol:

Sorry :oops: *hangs head in shame*

I gave Tibbsy and Echo a teeny bit of apple yesterday, but had a bit myself too - they then proceded to try and mug me for the rest of it - sitting on the sofa with two rabbits crawling over your head to get to the apple juice on your lips - hilarious! :lol::lol::lol:

Aww so cute.

I've run out of apple :(

Gave him a red seedless grape instead. It went within seconds :shock:

Aww so cute.

I've run out of apple :(

Gave him a red seedless grape instead. It went within seconds :shock:

Can't give my lot grapes - they slobber all over the carpet, then spend hours trying to lick the juice off of it! Nightmare!

Can't give my lot grapes - they slobber all over the carpet, then spend hours trying to lick the juice off of it! Nightmare!

Biscuit is currently doing exactly that... :lol: But he has his own carpet on top of ours which is on top of a shower curtain :)

Back