• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

People with Up-Eared bunnies!

Zara

Mama Doe
Does one, or both of your rabbit's ears drop when they sleep? Batbunny was born with his ears up but they fell down when he got older and he can only hold one up (the deformed ear) so he turned into a lop :roll:

Rascal's left ear sometimes drops when he's sleeping, but is perfectly normal and strong when he's running around normally. Does this mean his ear might fall down too like Batbunny's does? :? He's lovely, but wouldn't look right as a lop, although lops are gorgeous too *puts a splint on his ear* :lol:

All my bunnies are uppy eared and three of them always stay up. Pootle sometimes has slightly limp ears from time to time.. usually when a bit stressed :roll::lol:

They dont lop, but they seem to just lose their strength if you get what I mean!

here's a pic of his ear during snoozing:

2010-08-04013552-1.jpg

sometimes it dips lower, but always comes back up again.

Lose their strength? time for bunny ears work out!

*plays with Rascal's ears* UP! DOWN! UP! DOWN! WORK THEM EARS! WRIGGLE THEM EARS!

Nutmeg holds her eyes back flat to her back if you see what I mean.

I'll find a picture.

_IGP8150-vi.jpg

_IGP8101-vi.jpg

Noahs ears do that. Not sure why other than his ears seem overly big for his little head so maybe they get heavy sometimes. Lazy bunnehs. :lol:

Nope mine's ears stay up all the time, but they're sometimes laid flat like in the pictures of Nutmeg.
They both only have quite little ears though. Maybe in buns with bigger ears they get kind of weighed down?

Spenser sometimes sleeps with his ears down (part of 'fur puddle' pose). Occasionally he gives me a hard stare with one ear up and the other down - showing off, or perhaps a form of criticism as I have stopped giving him curly kale (his favourite veg) because of its high calcium content! :wave:

Yep, Rosie lays hers against her head as well, they are also small ears. I don't think they would be long enough to lop over.

Yup! Brian!

29760_448590353573_709523573_6003536_3056168_n.jpg

Although, to be fair, he has trouble controlling his ears when he's awke so he's got no chance when he's sleepy! :lol:

Hi Zara - what kind of bun is Rascal...? I'm trying to find out what breed my new bunny is (we were told he was a mini lop but his ears aren't lopping!) and your wee Rascal is the closest I've seen to how our Chesney looks :) x

I have no idea what he is I'm afraid, we wern't told :shock:

If I find out, I'll let you know!

Our two want what they can't have, Donnie visibly tries to get his ears down and Lady goes around trying to get her lops back up!!! :roll:

Donnie would snooze like rascal is doing there with the one ear falling over but if he's running around both are up straight.

Maia's ears are always uppy, but they're quite short. I wouldn't worry if I were you because although you have a beautiful bunny, what amazes me the most is how friendly he is! As long as he has such a nice personality, do you really care what his ears are like? :)

Back