• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Excessive moulting!

Danielle84

Mama Doe
Hi!

I've just got back from 2 weeks holiday and OH has been looking after the rabbits, brushing them everyday etc, but Timmy is moulting really badly it's a big worrying! He looks like a big fluff ball and although he will sit still for me to pull out the big bits sometimes it feels like i'm hurting him! Is it normal for rabbits to moult badly? He has been all summer really but it's gone crazy recently!

Any thoughts? :D

Does he look something similar to this?

P1060110.jpg

My bunnies go through crazy moults, my female, Domino particularly (blue butterfly bun in my avatar), she was even moulting like this in winter :shock: I dont have any pics of her like that though.

My advice is just to continue brushing him daily, and give him either papaya tablets or pineapple juice to help break down any hair he ingests during grooming :)

Does he look something similar to this?

P1060110.jpg

My bunnies go through crazy moults, my female, Domino particularly (blue butterfly bun in my avatar), she was even moulting like this in winter :shock: I dont have any pics of her like that though.

My advice is just to continue brushing him daily, and give him either papaya tablets or pineapple juice to help break down any hair he ingests during grooming :)

Very impressive moult 10/10! :D

It's similar to that but the chunks of hair are a little smaller! Thanks for that, it's good to know it's normal! How should I give the pineapple juice? Do you add it to the water or put in with the food?

It's similar to that but the chunks of hair are a little smaller! Thanks for that, it's good to know it's normal! How should I give the pineapple juice? Do you add it to the water or put in with the food?

i buy a whole fresh pineapple and cut it up myself to make sure all the goodness is still there and theres no added sugar. My 2 :love: a nice fresh pineapple chunk! I only give it to them about twice a week when they're moulting heavily xxx

Back