• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mites

Elena

Wise Old Thumper
I shouldn't wiki late at night but...

I keep finding these itchy red bites on my body - mainly my torso - they arrive for about a week and then disappear for a couple of months and then come back. I've noticed them ever since the start of the year which is when Mini and Mischa had to move in with me in my room. Now I just wiki-ed Cheyletiella and it seems this is common if near contact with an affected animal. So, although I've not noticed masses of scaliness (I have a little bit on Mischa but not a lot) is it worth me treating them and if so what with and can I get it without seeing a vet?

I did mention mites to the vet on one recent trip as a possible cause for Mischa's weight loss which is back to normal now and sorted. The vet examined him quickly but couldn't see anything to make him suspect them.

ETA. I'm not so much worried about this from my own point of view because eventually I'd like to have their permanent nighttime place in the spare room and then open the door in the morning and shut them away at night. I'm more concerned for them.

Last edited:
Back