• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Daphne and Pharrell's new run :)

georgie_f

Mama Doe
I've been digging into the tool box again today :)

Pharrell and Daphne had a pretty pokey little run (6X3) so I decided to use the old aviary panels to make them something bigger. Beats putting them in the bin!

Before -

After -

It's not very pretty but it's much bigger! :D I need to make a little wire panel to stick in the front corner as I ran out of wood. For tonight, it's got a net and a heavy piece of wood over the hole with some junk piled on it so it can't move. I had to stop for the day as I have a lovely great big blister on the palm of my hand. I'm also going to put paving slabs in as a base eventually. Putting grass in there was a bit silly as poor Daph's got no incisors and I feel sorry for her not being able to pick it for herself. :oops:

How cool is that? Bunny palace! You just keep expanding on stuff!

Bet they're well chuffed! :D They'll need to get the neighbours round. 'Do you like our new extension? Yes, it's top of the range...all the mod cons. No sorry Thistle, there isn't room for your big bum in here.'

Look fab and BIG :shock::shock:
Are you going to be able to clean the hutch ok?

Oh and i dont know if you noticed but theres a bunny on the loose!! Shouldnt said bunny be INSIDE the run?? :lol:

well done - you are very clever - I wouldnt know where to start :oops:

:lol: Thistle was helping ;) (by running off with my bags of screws mostly :roll:).

I don't think it'll be too hard to clean out - the roof panel nearest the hutch isn't screwed down so I can remove that to open the top of the hutch. I'm going to hinge the door on the front the other way round so I can use that to get in the run - it's a bit difficult hinged the way it is now, the door smacks me round the head :roll: The run is three foot tall so there's quite a bit of room to move around in there, allbeit slightly crouched! :lol:

I'm also trying to work out how I can put a cat flap or a bunny door in somewhere so the buns can get out to free range. :)

How cool is that? Bunny palace! You just keep expanding on stuff!

Bet they're well chuffed! :D They'll need to get the neighbours round. 'Do you like our new extension? Yes, it's top of the range...all the mod cons. No sorry Thistle, there isn't room for your big bum in here.'

He makes it look really small actually doesn't he?! :lol: Lard a*se!

I think it's 6X5 now (my measuring skills are pretty squiffy!). The aviary panels were all 6 foot long so I had to shorten them all. :roll: They wouldn't quite fit in the gap between the shed and the fence. Typical! :lol:

Georgie - fancy coming to live with us for a few weeks to make a run for Biccy outside? :lol::lol::lol:

He had his first outside adventure yesterday (new thread soon, with more pics that you'll ever have seen mwahaha) and it just wasn't big enough for me, so i am thinking of making one with wood and mesh :)

Georgie - fancy coming to live with us for a few weeks to make a run for Biccy outside? :lol::lol::lol:

He had his first outside adventure yesterday (new thread soon, with more pics that you'll ever have seen mwahaha) and it just wasn't big enough for me, so i am thinking of making one with wood and mesh :)

D'you know, I actually really enjoy doing a bit of DIY (even the times when I throw the tools round the garden and swear a lot ;)). You get this satisfied feeling when you're done! :lol: I will gladly come and help build Biscuit a run if you're able to send a helicopter to come get me! :p:lol:

*Goes to find new Biscuit thread* :D

D'you know, I actually really enjoy doing a bit of DIY (even the times when I throw the tools round the garden and swear a lot ;)). You get this satisfied feeling when you're done! :lol: I will gladly come and help build Biscuit a run if you're able to send a helicopter to come get me! :p:lol:

*Goes to find new Biscuit thread* :D

I'll see what i can do :lol::lol::lol:

Back