• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Building an avairy with some of these?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/6'x3'-AVIARY-...3&linkin_id=57201&mt_id=635&kw=cat+run+panels

Do i just nail them together or is it more complex than that?

Thanks
Ambience x

We just screwed ours together - you would need to screw them rather than nail them really as this pulls them together more. We (well, John!) also added a central 'baton' joining one side to the other to pull it all together and strengthen the whole structure before we added the roof panels.

Prior to putting the roof on:

MalhamAviaryMice154.jpg

MalhamAviaryMice151.jpg

- Might be worth googling and pricing up panels from West Hagley Aviaries as they are good value and good service. Mine are from there and they will make whatever size you want. Am sure they will deliver to you as they delivered to us and we're not far from you! :wave: x

Yep screw all the way. You can also buy metal fixing plates from places like Wickes, B&Q, cheapest from Wilkinsons that will allow you to hold the panels whilst you screw them together. You can leave them on if you want the extra strength.

Remember to pre-drill holes for the screws: it makes screwing the panels together much easier and stops the wood splitting or the screws getting stuck half way.
I use corner mending plates too, for extra strength, as mentioned above :)

Back