• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Another newbie saying Hi

debsy42

New Kit
My name is Debs and I live in East London with my OH and our two new additions to the family, Chas and Dave.

We are having problems with them at the moment as they were bonded but they have had a bit of a domestic and now start fighting when we put them together :cry:

Chas is an English/Dutch cross and Dave is a Dwarf Lop.

We had them neutered a couple of months ago and they are up to date with their jabs. We knew there could be a problem with two boys being together but we had hoped having them "done" would help but seems not.

Going to have a look through the forum for some ideas :wave:

Hiya

A very big welcome to the forum :) Mine started fighting after neutering. I would just let them get through it if they are bonded- the occasional scuffle isn't a bad thing- they still need to assert dominance and are abit more heavy handed than what you see if it's a bonded male/female or female/female mix. I think if you got them neutered late on they may have learned behaviors.

If you have seperated you need to start the rebonding process again on neutral territory- if you have not, then let them reorganise who is boss as long as it doesn't get too nasty- mine did rear up at each other etc- you do have to let them sort themselves out. Hopefully though they run out of steam. If one is more of an aggressor- i.e they aren't evenly matched temperament wise- this may not work, so it's worth asking others with different experiences on here.

Ambience xx

Back