• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

exersize run

"Please Note: It is recommended not to leave your pet in the pen without protection from the sun! If there are foxes in your region: the pen is not strong enough to protect your pet from larger animals such as foxes."

This is a warning they put in Zooplus about the same pen. I think it is the wire a fox could pull a rabbit through or chew it.

Hi,

I've just enquired about adding on a 6ft by 5ft aviary to my kennel from this company.

http://www.aviarieworld.com/apps/photos/photo?photoid=78380463

price quited was £76.50 plus £17.62 delivery. Which doesn't seem too bad to me. :D

Have just asked for further info on construction, need to make sure it's dog proof. That didn't include a back pannel where it will attach to the kennel because I don't think we need one. I think they can custom build rabbit runs too if that is what you want. :D

I've also enquired at happy hutch.

what parts not fox proof?:?

I've had one of those runs before (they do a larger version on Zooplus which I would recommend over this one) and while the actual metal itself is pretty strong, because it is flat pack, the joins are very weak as they are just a few bits of metal that hook over each other. Just a little jiggle and the whole thing can easily collapse in on itself. My two lops can also lift it up and escape even with it pegged into the ground. I think the larger one of these is fine for supervised use but not if you're planning on leaving them in it.

Do you know or can you see if you can find a local carpenter - I reckon you stand a much better chance of getting something really solid and well made for a reasonable price by a local carpenter. Failing that, ryedale, happy hutch and forsham cottage arks all make good solid runs - but you will find that you get what you pay for.

As an aside, I personally would not buy from the company you have linked to. Stick their company name into the search on this forum and have a read...

Back