• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

just a few questions :)

LilyBot

Young Bun
hi! i joined here today. my name is lily and i have 2 rabbits, a black one called sapphire (saffy) and a brownish one called amber (ammy) :D they are both less than one year old and very cute :)

i have a few questions.
first of all, should i get them spayed? (i htink thats how you spell it). they are both girls but i heard that they get fewer diseases if they are spayed.

also, what toys are good for in their hutch? i have a string ball which they dont play with loads and they also have edible tubes which they love to eat and run through (they only last about two weeks before the buns have eaten it all :lol: ). what do your bunnies like?

Yes they do need to be neutered, girls are more likey to get uterine cancer if they arent speyed, they also need a myxi jab twice a year and a vhd once a year :) xxxxx

Hello! :wave: Girl bunnies are at high risk from uterine cancer if they are not spayed, and are also more likely to be grumpy if they are not done. My rabbit seems to like jingle toys, which I buy from the Rabbit Welfare Association. Tunnels are usually popular. Edible toys are good too, but you might find they go down better if you hold them out to your bunnies and make it a tugging game. I'm new to rabbits too, but you'll get good advice from really experienced rabbit owners on the Forum. :):)

mine like the treat ball, I put their pellets in there and they roll it around on the floor. Also cardbaord boxes stacked together with holes cut in make great dens and are free! :)

Sorry didnt read the toys bit :oops:
My buns love the willow and seagrass balls and boxes and tunnels to run through:D xxx

Yes they need to be neutered as they stand an 85% chance of getting uterine cancer by the time they are five otherwise, also they may have phantom pregnancies and become hormonal and territorial, so it helps to keep them calm and happy.

My bunnies like the wicker or sisal or loofah toys, tunnels, treat balls, or even something as simple as stuffing a toilet roll inner with hay - you can even hide a treat right in the centre so they have to work to get at it.

Cardboard boxes for hiding or digging in are good, you can leave them empty or fill them with hay or soil.

Also those logging tunnels are nice. :wave:

thank you for all your replies!!! some great ideas :D :D
i shall get the spayed as soon as possible! ammy already has phantom pregnancies :? and they do get a bit ... hormonal sometimes :lol:
im definately going to trying using boxes! i just know my buns will love them :D :D :D

Back