• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Q for black bunny owners?

Boudicca

Warren Veteran
The Dudster was completely black then he developed a few stray white hairs on his back and now in the last month he's grown a little white patch on his right ear!! Just wondered if this happens to other black bunnies or if it is just The Dudster?

Dudley: Its the stress of living with Daisy dat does it!!! I quite likes it tho it makes me look hard, kinda like a tattoo or somefink! Dis is me, mummy took it while I was trying to nom a fenugreek crunchie!

d4e1df2c.jpg

When Inky was tiny, he had a star as well as a white nose but by the time he had reached a year, the star had gone.

Now, I notice that when he moults in the summer, he has lots of white hairs. He is 6 though, so perhaps he is just getting older.

Spenser is as white as white can be but I have a bit of a crush on Dudley :love: so couldn't resist a peek. :wave: Actually, one of my sponsor rabbits is black and he has a few white hairs - but Frank must be 8, or very nearly.

Mr Fluff has random white hairs too... I didn't realise how many til I saw a 18 month old black dwarf lop the other week. He has a little grey beard :love:

Dandelion: I have got some white hairs on my back now.

Buttercup: So have I.

Blackberry: I haven't, nyah nyah nyah!

Clover: Can you eat them?

My boys have varying amounts of white hairs, mainly on their backs, but there are more now than when they were babies.

Squidgy had quite a few white and grey hairs as he got older, but never in patches, just everywhere!
Pepper tends to go a little ginger in the sun and he has white hairs now as he's 6 :shock:
I like the white patch though Dudley -very suave!

I have a bit of a crush on Dudley :love: so couldn't resist a peek.

Dudley: :oops::oops:

Well it seems it's just my Dudster that can grow a little white patch and not just a few rogue white hairs!! Daisy of course is jealous she's been sitting in the hay basket concentrating very hard trying to grow one on each ear as she thinks they look like earings :roll:

Dudley: :oops::oops:

Well it seems it's just my Dudster that can grow a little white patch and not just a few rogue white hairs!! Daisy of course is jealous she's been sitting in the hay basket concentrating very hard trying to grow one on each ear as she thinks they look like earings :roll:

Dandelion: Daisy, you are cute just as you are, you don't need earrings :love:

Back