• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Moulting

helgalush

Wise Old Thumper
Is it normal at this time of year to start moulting? The bunnies, not me!! :lol:

Starbuck is moulting really heavily, I spent ages last night using the Furminator on him, but there is still loads of black fur going everywhere. :shock:

PS Thanks to those who recommended the furminator - its fab.

I think my newest bun Kenco is like that too!!

It was quite amusing at first, because on warmer days there would be lots of fluff flying around, whereas on cooler days there would be hardly any - I thought it was quite impressive that they were so reactive to the weather cos my previous 2 buns would just moult for a couple of weeks then that was it, job done. Perhaps it's cos they were boys and were "hard" enough to withstand a chilly summer day in their summer coats, whereas my current 2 are girls :lol:

xxx

A lot of our's are in heavy moult I feel like they have been moulting all the year round. Some of them get really down with it as well. :(

I've got all this ahead of me. :wave: Spenser is not quite one yet and hasn't moulted. Despite my best efforts to provide shade the poor boy is feeling the warmth of his longish fur and would probably welcome a moult.

Louie has moulted for EVER and is now left with a kind of saddle of old fur on his back!

Strange thing is, he was orange and very dark grey when I got him and has now moulted to cream and light grey! :love:

Louie has moulted for EVER and is now left with a kind of saddle of old fur on his back!

Strange thing is, he was orange and very dark grey when I got him and has now moulted to cream and light grey! :love:

That would make interesting before and after pics... :wave:

Found him :D

Before:- Baby Louie, orange and dark grey

HanandLou011.jpg

Louie, 1 year old, cream and light grey. You can just see his "saddle", and below that how light he has gone!

Picture004.jpg

Found him :D

Before:- Baby Louie, orange and dark grey

HanandLou011.jpg

Louie, 1 year old, cream and light grey. You can just see his "saddle", and below that how light he has gone!

Picture004.jpg

Awww ... very sweet in both looks, bless him! :love: My rabbit is as white as white can be, except for the inevitably yellowish-cream fur under his paws.

Walter seems to have been constantly moulting since about April, but Nora hardly seems to moult at all. There is fluff all the way around the grass on the outside of their run and it looks really scruffy but I can't get to most of it to get rid of it :(

Back