• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

were do you keep your indoor buns? x

emmaclaire

Warren Scout
Hi all
just wondered were you all keep your house buns, were is there base camp so to speak. Mine has a cage in the extension he is picked up and put in there when i go to bed but now i have adopted him a wife i am thinking of putting them in a puppy pen in the dinning room as it will be bigger and they can jump in and out on there own what do you think ? xx

As we have indoor dogs, the buns are restricted to my room. They have a "home base" but then get access to the rest of my room 24/7. I love having house buns, wouldn't have it any other way.

If you can bun proof everything or a part of the house, that would be optimal I think.

my two have a large self built cage in the spare bedroom by day then the run of the house during the evening then overnight the stair area all of upstairs including my bed *yawns* lol

Mine is in the living room. He doesnt have a cage as such but has the base of a cage where his litter tray is and hay goes. He also has a large square of lino where I put his food and water bowls, a towel to lie in or snuggle up in and lots of hidey holes and tunnels. He is free-range in the living room (bunny-proofed) all the time. During the day he can go out of the living room but rarely does.

I think your idea of a puppy pen for them both in the dining room sounds good.

Louie has his cushion, food and littertray in the conservatory so I suppose that's his base!

We're so lucky with where we live. They get run of the whole of downstairs which is completely bunnyproof and their base is in the kitchen. We also have a run running from the side of our house to the fence so when we open the back door the buns have a nice space to run around in outside. We keep our hay out there as well so the get to play around in that whenever we're at home. Although right now they're under the dining table instead of playing outside in this lovely weather! ;)

Radish lives downstairs. She has free run of the downstairs including the conservatory when we are here and then she has a 48" dog crate with attached pen which is about 3ft by 5ft for when we aren't here. Although we are looking at letting her permanently free range when we get a tv cabinet which encloses the wires there sufficiently.

Waffle has her own room which is 10ft by 4.5ft which she lives in permanently.

ebony has her tray inside a dog crate she has a pop up castle and tunnel and she can go anywhere except the lounge the whole flat is now bunny proof

Mine have their base in the lounge although they're free to go wherever they want in my flat 24/7 (its well bunny proofed!) xxx

Max has a dog crate with his bed, food and litter tray in it and an attached pen with all of his toys in it which he's put in when I'm out of the house and he has free run of my bedroom when I'm here, but he can go in and out of his cage when he feels like it.

It's just me and the bunnies in a three bedroomed house. Tink and Roo have a big three storey pen in the living room (no free ranging), Artie and Esme live upstairs in my office (I work from home about 20 hrs a week), they have most of the floor space in there between them, I cross bunny territory between the door and the computer. Elijah has the spare bedroom and hopefully his wifey will be joining him in there, though Elijah and Dot are spending a lot of daytime outdoors at the mo.

My two have their own bedroom, it is about 18ft x 13ft. I have my computer in with them, but that doesnt take up any space as it is all up on the desk.

I let them in the living room, but i have to carry them in. They wont leave the room as they wont walk on the wooden flooring in the hall.

Mine are currently in my bedroom but they may end up moving into the spare room in time. I'm taking my time introducing them to space but eventually they will have the run of three rooms. My room, the landing and the spare room - this gives them a nice long 'runway' to bomb up and down!

This is their base...

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=226875

We're soon going to change it so that the ladder inside will be removed and the gap filled in and a ladder put on on the outside.

Turnip, has two six sided puppy play pens joined together but free run of the front room when im here :D:D:D

Bungle is in our kitchen in the little utility part. Here is a piccie of his area...

utf-8BSU1HMDA5NTUtMjAxMDA4MTYtMTAyNC5qcGc.jpg

The door is never closed so he always has access to the whole kitchen.

My two have a big dog crate in the hallway, with a pen attached. They did have an extra pen going from the crate into the living room when I was home but since this weekend they now have free-range in the living room/kitchen/balcony when I'm home.

Back