• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fights at Feeding Time

fluffiebunnie

Warren Veteran
Oh every evening I rush to the end of the garden and try to get the SS pellets to Pickle and Pootle before a fight starts.... every evening.... I fail.... tonight Pootle was on Pickle's back humping and biting...

How can I make feeding time less stressful for me, and less viscious for my bunnies????

:(

they start fighting when food is just on the way? :shock:

I don't think i'll be able to help but it could be useful if you tell us how you feed them and what else you've tried.

they start fighting when food is just on the way? :shock:

I don't think i'll be able to help but it could be useful if you tell us how you feed them and what else you've tried.

Every morning I go out about 7.30 and give them a plate of veggies to share.... no problems.

I give them hay.. no problems.

I pop out during the day and they are on grass sometimes throughout the day if I am supervising.

Its just when its evening at around 6-7pm and I go outside to give them their SS pellets... its just the pellets that cause the problem.

I also top up the hay at the same time in the evening as their pellets.

have you tried shared bowl/own bowl/scatter feeding?
does it still happen if you feed the nuggets in the morning and the veg in the evening?

have you tried shared bowl/own bowl/scatter feeding?
does it still happen if you feed the nuggets in the morning and the veg in the evening?

I usually scatter through the run mesh to save time getting the run lid open :roll: Usually the sound of the pellets dropping through stops the fight... but not always...

I havent tried pellets in the morning... I always do veg in morning as if there are any gassy tummy problems I see it during the day... I dont like feeding veg in the eve as I dont see bunnies till the morning..

I used to have this problem with my 2 bunnies - they got on perfectly fine, but when pellets were about one would chase the other off, and I'd have to call her over. In the end I hand fed them to ensure that they both got the same amount, and to take away the bowl (which was the main source of the fights).

Back