• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

why does she .....

redliz

Young Bun
Only seem to want to poo/wee in her hutch :shock:
She has free range of the garden in the day, but I've noticed she hops into her hutch to do her 'business' then comes out again.
When she had to be in the indoor cage the other night she didn't wee at all and only did a couple of tiny poos (she ate/drank/behaved as she usually did ) .I was quite worried till I saw that immediately on being put back in her hutch everything was back to normal.

Is she neutered? how old is she? have you tried putting a litter tray in the hutch to encourage her to toilet there?
grace took a fair while to toilet train she weed and pooed everywhere for a fair few months but has the hang of it now. xxx

Is she neutered? how old is she? have you tried putting a litter tray in the hutch to encourage her to toilet there?
grace took a fair while to toilet train she weed and pooed everywhere for a fair few months but has the hang of it now. xxx

She's a 4 yo entire female ...I'm very new to keeping rabbits ..I didn't want this one, but was lumbered :lol: I'm trying to do my best for her :)
I don't mind her using the hutch as her loo (makes life easier, cleaning wise to be fair) and she only does it in one corner, but I worry if like the other night she can't be in her hutch(we had very bad rainstorms and she was getting soaked ) or she's free ranging but for some reason can't get back into it, that she won't go to the loo if she needs to if the only place she'll go is her hutch :?

If she isnt neutered she may be territory marking its hormonal, did they tell you if she had been speyed? xx

She probably feels safe there. I've noticed mine tend to prefer corners or slightly enclosed spaces to do their business.

Back