• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny plucking

beckie20

Mama Doe
Not a euphemism :lol:

Does anyone elses buns look mortally offended when you pluck them?! Spice has got such a straggly bum at the moment (I'm hoping we're nearing the end of the moult, finally!) but when I try to pluck her she looks at me as if i'm pulling out her actual fur and runs away! Even food distractions don't work :shock:

xxx

Not a euphemism :lol:

Does anyone elses buns look mortally offended when you pluck them?! Spice has got such a straggly bum at the moment (I'm hoping we're nearing the end of the moult, finally!) but when I try to pluck her she looks at me as if i'm pulling out her actual fur and runs away! Even food distractions don't work :shock:

xxx

yeah ..mine had a big lump of loose fur on her back today that I gently pulled away ...she turned round and gave me such a look ....if it could've killed I'dve been 6 ft under :lol:

I pluck mine. Have never been near them with a brush, as I don't think it works at all. I sometimes brush over them with a damp flannel, but plucking generally does the trick. ....they hate me for it though! :lol::lol:

Ooooh Louie loves it :D

I massage and pluck him daily (sounds a tad rude!) :lol::lol:

He shuts his eyes and tooth purrs :love:

Mine used to be like this- if you think about about it fur plucking is what rabbits do to each other as an expression of dominance or mild aggression, so it's not surprising they feel offended by it.
I use the trick of stroking the ears and nose with one hand whilst gently plucking and making massaging movements with the other- some of them seem to quite enjoy and will sit patiently for ages. If you tug the wrong bit though they will hop off in digust, giving you the foot flick :lol:

Some of them! :shock: My boys seem to take it as grooming and quite enjoy it (as long as I don't repeatedly tug loose fur from near their tails, because that is aggressive bunny behaviour!). My girls, however, seem to feel that where ever I pluck loose tufts of fur from, I'm commiting some sort of major sin against them. Pft.

I use the smallest furminator on mine, works a treat, then also have wet hand rub, which brings out all the loose hairs.

Some of them! :shock: My boys seem to take it as grooming and quite enjoy it (as long as I don't repeatedly tug loose fur from near their tails, because that is aggressive bunny behaviour!). My girls, however, seem to feel that where ever I pluck loose tufts of fur from, I'm commiting some sort of major sin against them. Pft.

yeah i bet that happens naturally bfore they get mounted if u think about it............

Mine used to be like this- if you think about about it fur plucking is what rabbits do to each other as an expression of dominance or mild aggression, so it's not surprising they feel offended by it.
I use the trick of stroking the ears and nose with one hand whilst gently plucking and making massaging movements with the other- some of them seem to quite enjoy and will sit patiently for ages. If you tug the wrong bit though they will hop off in digust, giving you the foot flick :lol:

Do you know, I never even thought about that! Doh! Obviously Spice would prefer to be the dominant one in our relationship :lol:

xxx

Back