• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The rabbits were thumping like mad last night.

Tuckerbunnies

Wise Old Thumper
Can't understand why but it went on for 2 hours and they were all doing it, there was no fox or cat in the back garden as they can't get in anywhere as we have fencing then a high hedge, and we have never known them be like this before all we can think of is Holly who is a very nervous girl and was rescued by her last owner from a 'not very nice rescue centre' seem's to suffer from nightmares and thumps a lot when she has a bad dream and last night it just started them all off.
We did think a storm was due but no it just rained and today is ok.
Very odd :?

Odd indeed. :? Was it like a rabbit orchestra? I hope they (and you!) have a more peaceful evening tonight. :wave:

Oddly enough we've had it the last 3 nights here with some of the buns too. Nothing in the garden either or the security light would have triggered:?

My old bun daisy was a real thumper, i swear she did it so id go down to the kitchen where she was :) xxx

Pierre started randomly thumping last night, then stalked my room and began again. I thought he might have seen a spider or something but i looked everywhere for crawlies and there wasn't anything. Im putting it down to bad dreams :lol:

Alvin does it and hes deffo got no predators in this house :roll:

hes had me checking for burgulars at 3am many times :evil: :lol::lol::lol:

aww mine go through spells of random thumping at the same time every night for a few nights, then stop again. Bless her, that's so sad but also sweet that she has nightmares.

Mine thumped a bit more than normal last night too (not tonight - Fri/Sat night). I wonder if they could sense the burst of rain we had today.

What does the thumping mean?

My new boy does it a lot apparently.. although I have had him for 2 days now and he hasn't done it at all :/

It means they are unsettled and fearful about something. I think it's an instinct in them to warn other rabbits, though when mine do it the others all ignore the one thumping. :lol:

Back