• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My "rescued" bunny (Lucy is nearly all sorted and ready to bond, YAY)

jenzel5

Mama Doe
I have put some details in another thread but it was a bonding thread so thought I would start a new one to let you all know about a girlie bunny that has come home with me. I went to look at her in the hopes of bonding her with Dudley and so the story begins.
I have set her up a cage in a different room to Dudley as she is not vaccinated, never been wormed, not neutered and has a gunky eye :roll:
I spoke to the lady I got her from bless her, but she didn't have money to get all the rabbits she currently fosters vaccinated etc. She gave me £30 towards vaccinations and wormer but I will be getting her speyed. That is if she doesn't have really bad dental problems :roll:
I am not going to go in to all of the info but trust me, I am MAD. Not at the woman because she does all she can but with another charity that I will not mention although I am sure most of you can guess.
So vet trip on Monday to see what I can do for her. I have just gone and bought her some muesli :roll: as that's what she was fed and mixed a little SS in. I also got her a big cardboard tunnel and a new litter tray as she isn't litter trained so the training starts now!
I don't think she will ever be going back, even if she doesn't bond with Dudley. I will have to rehome her myself if she doesn't bond with him but looks as if it is going to be way in to the future and lots of money later. I don't have much money myself but I guess I will have to find it. There is a story behind all of this that I can't really go in to but I am feeling really really annoyed!
Oh, and she doesn't have a name :( So I have the honour of naming her :love: She is 3-3 half :( I have been thinking Lily Hope but haven't decided yet.
Oh, and her partner was killed by a dog last week :cry: which is why she needed a partner. I had no choice but to bring her home and hope that the gunky eye is nothing serious (it isn't that bad really but my suspicions are dental probs)
She is a very scared bunny but I know she will come out of her shell with time. The last bunny a fostered over a year ago was the same, within 4 weeks was binkying around the hallway upstairs :love: But this little lady is going to need a lot of care and treatment :(
I will put some pictures up later. I have just taken a couple on my phone but she wasn't happy so I have left her for now to settle.
eurgh the stress. How rescues do it, I will never know.

Last edited:
I hope you think of name soon and that everything works out well for her. Poor little girl. Lots of no dental bunny vibes!

So here she is. I have decided to call her Hope. I think it is the right name for her. They aren't the best photos.

hope1.jpg

hope.jpg

Awwwww she is a gorgeous little girl. :love:

Well done for taking her. We have our fingers and paws crossed for her and hope that she doesn't turn out to be a dental bun.

She's beautiful. I had the whole dental scare with with Elijah's sore eye but hopefully that's all behind him. I hope Hope's is something and nothing as well.

Poor girl probably witnessed her partner's demise as well :cry::cry:

She's beautiful. I had the whole dental scare with with Elijah's sore eye but hopefully that's all behind him. I hope Hope's is something and nothing as well.

Poor girl probably witnessed her partner's demise as well :cry::cry:

Yeah I thought that, it's why I had to bring her home and make sure she gets the appropriate treatment and vet care. She is really scared but does come up to the front of the cage if you sit with her. I'm sure she will be a little character with time. I hope she will be ok too :love:

The little madam hasn't pood since she arrived. I am putting it down to stress at the moment but will see how she gets on today. She has wee'd 2-3 times and eaten. I went to stroke her this morning and she thumped then kicked litter everywhere. Bless her, I think it is going to take lots of time for her to settle.

Well the vet had a look at her today and her teeth are fine so that is a relief but her eye problem may be a tooth root abcsess, blocked tear duct or just an eye infection so I have to put fucithalmic eye drops in for a week and see how she gets on. If it doesn't work then I will be seeing what I can do next week. The vet said to wait to vaccinate her until atleast next week when we can re asses her eye.
She has relaxed a little and has now poo'd everywhere so I am happy about that. I am guessing it was just the stress.
The good thing is she is eating pellets. She digs them out of the muesli so I am tempted to just swap her straight over as the muesli isn't the same as what she was fed before so. What does everyone think? I know it can upset her tummy but if the muesli is different anyway then atleast the pellets have all the nutrients she needs.
So she is settling in a little more now :love:

Oooo that's wonderful. A poor little bunny getting a great new home and brilliant new mummy! <3

Are you trying to bond three bunnies together now? Or will it be her and one husbun?

If you are going to bond her as a trio, could you keep us updated on the progress? I'm hoping to one day (hopefully soon but not definite) bond a third bunny with my pair and will be looking for as much advice as possible :)

:love: she's beautiful :love:

If she's not eating any of the muesli then i would educe it quicker, sounds like she knows what's good for her!

Oooo that's wonderful. A poor little bunny getting a great new home and brilliant new mummy! <3

Are you trying to bond three bunnies together now? Or will it be her and one husbun?

If you are going to bond her as a trio, could you keep us updated on the progress? I'm hoping to one day (hopefully soon but not definite) bond a third bunny with my pair and will be looking for as much advice as possible :)

No it's just the 2. I am hoping to bond her with my little boy if she gets all better. :love:
I hope when and if you decide to bond the 3 that it all goes well. I'm sure it will, there are lots of people who have bonded groups of 3 or more :wave:

Just wanted to update everyone. Hope is now Lucy. Well we have named her Lucy Hope.
I decided it was best to give her a new start so new name that didn't associate with her past.
I have been giving her fucithalmic for her runny eye for a week now but there still seems to be a milky, watery discharge from her eye. She will be having another vet check to see if we can try her with something else or whether she needs an x-ray etc.
She is settling in well. Her personality is beginning to show and she is a little madam! She loves throwing her toys around (and the litter tray:roll:).
The litter training isn't going well so far but I know this will take time. I am hoping that it will get better when she is speyed.
My oh has warmed to her loads and has been so great it has made me really smile :D I went away and he had to act as nurse for the weekend and did really well.
I just can't wait to see if she will bond with Dudley although i have a bad feeling they would make a terrible twosome and cause chaos :lol:

I hope everything goes well health wise with Lucy and that she will successfully bond. It would be nice to see Dudley all bonded up again.:love:

Back