• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Am seriously thinking about BBs future.

yvette

Wise Old Thumper
Hes all alone.He was bonded with Lily Shane back in march of this year but she went downhill so fast....I separated, and Lily is indoors,BB is outdoors.
What about bonding them again ,but keeping them BOTH indoors so I can be right on top of the buns and see how Lily copes???
She didnt have much in the way of food as he had it..she eats slower than him...and he is a bit bigger than her,but with the same spinal condition.He seemed to barge past Lily and (didnt mean to be) a bit rough, i think.
What are your views??? Lily is a single bun...it seems such a shame....and BB all alone too....

Ooh :) i would try them both indoors and see how they go :)
Would be lovely if they could have each other for company! have you tried feeding them seperate?

Ooh :) i would try them both indoors and see how they go :)
Would be lovely if they could have each other for company! have you tried feeding them seperate?

If you want the truth, I was so sad....Ian said to give Lily a WEEK and then our decision may have been made!! She went down to 535 grams!!
I thought I was gonna lose her, so I bought her in...and I feel bad....

Can you not rebond, keep indoors and seperate at feeding time. Maybe seperate Lily for an extra meal too, we do that for a lot of our bunnies :)

I'd place them both together and watch them like a hawk. I've started hand feeding at meal times with A&B because if not he'll scoff the lot :roll:

I hope you can decide what to do :)

Can you not rebond, keep indoors and seperate at feeding time. Maybe seperate Lily for an extra meal too, we do that for a lot of our bunnies :)

Hmmm...I was thinking that when I put up the post.
Lily has breakfast...she needs more calories.
Is it ok to re-bond?????

If you want the truth, I was so sad....Ian said to give Lily a WEEK and then our decision may have been made!! She went down to 535 grams!!
I thought I was gonna lose her, so I bought her in...and I feel bad....

aww don't feel bad,you did what was best for her. Maybe inside you could watch them more though and feed them seperate etc.Worth a go if you feel bad for them both? :love:

p.s Stew has a new ramp. It has bigger steps so she can rest half way up if needed :)

Hmmm...I was thinking that when I put up the post.
Lily has breakfast...she needs more calories.
Is it ok to re-bond?????

I would give it a go, if they didn't fall out last time. But keep a careful eye and if it is going to be stressful and Lily is likely to get knocked over then maybe call it a day quickly :?

I would give it a go, if they didn't fall out last time. But keep a careful eye and if it is going to be stressful and Lily is likely to get knocked over then maybe call it a day quickly :?

This is my fear.
It started out with her just sitting on him....then he would run out from under her..and she would...well....fall really I spose.:shock:
Lils would sit in the door to the bed and he would push past too....:shock:

This is my fear.
It started out with her just sitting on him....then he would run out from under her..and she would...well....fall really I spose.:shock:
Lils would sit in the door to the bed and he would push past too....:shock:

Only you can judge whether or not you feel its safe for Lily to be with another bunny.

Belle and Dumps have gotten used to Stew now. When they here her coming up the ramp they move over so she can got on level ground quicker. She stands with her feet in the food dish and they let her (i think this is nothing to do with balance but her way of getting more food!) and just generally compensate for her.
How long were Lily and Bb bonded for?

Belle and Dumps have gotten used to Stew now. When they here her coming up the ramp they move over so she can got on level ground quicker. She stands with her feet in the food dish and they let her (i think this is nothing to do with balance but her way of getting more food!) and just generally compensate for her.
How long were Lily and Bb bonded for?

Just about 5 weeks....or a bit more??

Back