• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Charlie's first encounter with a wasp...

Loosy

Warren Veteran
... did not end well :(
IMG_1808.jpg

My poor baby! He keeps holding it up at me and looking all confused. Hopefully the swelling will go down soon and that'll teach him to stalk wasps :roll:

Here are some other pictures I took of him the other day. He's getting so big! :love::love:
IMG_1793.jpg

IMG_1807.jpg

Spotty belly! :love:
IMG_1746.jpg

Got any piriton?? This will help.Just ring the vet for the dose.......xxx
Paw lickle puss....

Ooh, no I don't have any of that, might run out to the chemist though. He looks so sad!
Thank you!

Youre welcome..hes a beautiful boy.Bengal???
Hope he feels better soon!!
(but do check with vet).xxx

Youre welcome..hes a beautiful boy.Bengal???
Hope he feels better soon!!
(but do check with vet).xxx

Not a bengal, no. A few people have asked that though! He's just a tabby.
My normal vets is shut but there's a Vets Now nearby. I'll give them a ring. :)

Aah, the vets said they don't advise using human medicines and couldn't give me a dose :( Poo.

Gah.Ive given my Siamese cats Piriton in the past.Was suggested by my vet in Surrey.
Sorry.

Yeah it's probably one of the things that vets have differing opinions on. Thanks anyway! He's sleeping in my lap now and not looking quite so forlorn :lol::love:

Yeah it's probably one of the things that vets have differing opinions on. Thanks anyway! He's sleeping in my lap now and not looking quite so forlorn :lol::love:

Well, just ensure he can swallow and breath.There is an allergy there,else he wouldnt have swelled up in the paw.
Talk to your own vet...you must have a plan for when he chats to wasps in the future.Not friendly animals,wasps.Poor Charlie.
(He really does look Bengal.....)

Well, just ensure he can swallow and breath.There is an allergy there,else he wouldnt have swelled up in the paw.
Talk to your own vet...you must have a plan for when he chats to wasps in the future.Not friendly animals,wasps.Poor Charlie.
(He really does look Bengal.....)

Yep, I'll be keeping a close eye on him! He's been eating lots and running around so I think he'll be fine (I'm hoping so anyways because an emergency consultation is apparently £130 :shock:)
The wasp was in the kitchen (where he's not allowed to go :roll:). He zooms over from wherever he is in the house the moment he hears the door open, the little monster. When I saw him playing with it I grabbed him and got rid of the wasp. I didn't think it had got him until his poor paw started swelling up :(

My cat smudge was stung on the lip as he was trying to catch and eat a wasp :roll: he was fine dont worry the vet didnt do anything anyway.
Charlie is gorgeous! xx

Awww he's gorgeous :D

I got stung on the bum a couple of weeks ago and it was soooo painful :(

Eek! Not a good place to get stung.

Charlie seems to be all better now. Just gave him his dinner and the swelling on his paw has gone right down. :)
Hopefully this will teach him wasps are not toys!

Eek! Not a good place to get stung.

Charlie seems to be all better now. Just gave him his dinner and the swelling on his paw has gone right down. :)
Hopefully this will teach him wasps are not toys!

Awww glad his paw is better :D

The one that stung me crept into bed with me and into my knicks :shock:

Back